• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Greek
      • Home Country:
      • Greece
      • Current Location:
      • Greece

I'm a little bit confused with the following sentences

I'm writting an Informal letter to a friend telling her that I've just moved to a new neighbourhood so my brother and I had to change school as well , but I'm not sure If the sentence can actually be typed that way.

(Moving to a new neighbourhood made me and my brother change school as well.)

(Yesterday It was the first day at my new school so I was really nervous.) I'd like to say that yesterday It was the first day of school but I was extremely nervous because I went to a new school.)

Finally I'd like to say that I have to make new friends, meet my new teachers and make a new/brand new/fresh start. (Can I actually say that in English , I mean does this phrase make a sense ? )

Please correct my mistakes and place the punctuations where it is necessary.English is not my native language and I'm sooo confused.

Thank you in advance.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: I'm a little bit confused with the following sentences

I will make comments by making changes in the text, and I will make additional comments as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Leia Organa View Post
    I'm writing an Informal letter to a friend telling her that I've just moved to a new neighbourhood so my brother and I had to change schools as well , but I'm not sure If the sentence can actually be typed that way.

(Moving to a new neighbourhood made me and my brother change school as well.)

(Yesterday It was the first day at my new school so I was really nervous.) I'd like to say that yesterday It was the first day of school but I was extremely nervous because I went to a new school.)

Finally I'd like to say that I have to make new friends, meet my new teachers and make a new/brand new/fresh start. (Can I actually say that in English , I mean does this phrase make a sense ? )

Please correct my mistakes and place the punctuations where it is necessary.English is not my native language and I'm so confused.

Thank you in advance.
    Try:

We've just moved to a new neighborhood, and we had to change schools. Yesterday was the first day of school, and I was really nervous. I'm going to be meeting a lot of new people, and I will pretty much be making a fresh start.

Please note that you shouldn't space before commas, periods, question marks, etc. Do space afterwards.

Any more questions?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Greek
      • Home Country:
      • Greece
      • Current Location:
      • Greece

Thank you so much for replying me. I really appreciate it. Could I ask you something else? Because I've never used those tenses before .Can I say "I'm going to meet a lot of new people" instead of "I'm going to be meeting a lot of new people.
    What about "I will pretty much make a fresh start" Can we change the tenses here?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Thank you so much for replying to me. I really appreciate it. Could I ask you something else? Because I've never used those tenses before. Can I say "I'm going to meet a lot of new people" instead of "I'm going to be meeting a lot of new people? What about "I will pretty much be making a fresh start"? Can we change the tenses here?
    "I'm going to meet a lot of new people" and "I'm going to be meeting a lot of new people" mean pretty much the same thing. As for changing tenses, I am rather confused about what you mean by that. (If you have any new questions you might want to start a new thread.)

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Greek
      • Home Country:
      • Greece
      • Current Location:
      • Greece

I meant whether I could say "I will pretty much make a fresh start" instead of "I will pretty much be making a fresh start".
    Using Simple Future instead of Future Continuous.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

I meant whether I could say "I will pretty much make a fresh start" instead of "I will pretty much be making a fresh start".
    Using Simple Future instead of Future Continuous.
    I am hesitant to say anything because I am afraid you will ask me why. However, I suggest future continuous ("I will pretty much be making a fresh start"). Don't ask me to explain why. Just trust me on this one.