Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Are the below text grammatically correct?

When I attented a car driving test for a longitudinal reverse parking,I parked perfectly at the parking lot as instructed by inspector. When I tried to come out from the parking through clutch-first gear without accelerator,Inspector approached me and asked "OK,you are pass,give me your file". When I took my file from the adjacent seat,I accidentally left my leg from brake which caused to move the vehicle forward. Inspector makes me failed when the car wheel touches on the parking line.

Last edited:

Power English

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Are the below text grammatically correct?

When I attented a car driving test for a longitudinal reverse parking,I parked perfectly at the parking lot as instructed by inspector. When I tried to come out from the parking through clutch-first gear without accelerator,Inspector approached me and asked "OK,you are pass,give me your file". When I took my file from the adjacent seat,I accidentally left my leg from brake which caused to move the vehicle forward. Inspector makes me failed when the car wheel touches on the parking line.

Is the below text grammatically correct?

I attended a car driving test for reverse bay parking. The inspector instructed me on how to park, and I did it perfectly. As I tried to leave the parking space using the clutch without the accelerator, the inspector announced that I had passed the test and requested that I gave him my file. As I took my file from the adjacent seat, I forgot to apply the brake, causing the vehicle to roll forwards. The inspector then failed me because the wheel touched the line of the bay.

I've taken the liberty of rewriting some of it, I hope this helps.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I think the correct term for 'longitudinal reverse parking' is parallel parking.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_parking

The 'inspector' is called the examiner.

I accidentally left my leg from brake which caused to move the vehicle forward.
I unintentionally released the brake pedal causing the vehicle to roll forward.

not a teacher

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Is the below text grammatically correct?

Hm.

When I attended a car driving test for a longitudinal reverse parking, I parked perfectly at the parking lot as instructed by ​the inspector.

You didn't attend the test. You took the test. (AmE) Also, how did you come up with "longitudinal reverse parking"? (Isn't "parallel parking" much easier to say?) Also, I would say examiner. (Is it inspector where you are?)

When I tried to come out from the parking through clutch-first gear without accelerator, the inspector approached me and said: "OK,you passed; give me your file." When I took my file from the adjacent seat, I [STRIKE]accidentally[/STRIKE] released the brake, which caused the vehicle to move forward. The inspector failed me when the car wheel touched the parking line.

Sorry you failed the test. You'll do better the next time.
:)

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
attachment.php
I think the correct term for 'longitudinal reverse parking' is parallel parking.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_parking

Refer to the above link and Picture 1 is Parallel parking, what type of parking in Picture 2?
attachment.php

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 13

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Picture 2 shows the perpendicular/right-angle/90-degree parking.

The third type of parking is the angled (60-degree/45-degree) parking.

You are usually tested only on parallel parking in a driving test as the other two types of parking are straightforward and do not need to be taught.

not a teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.