1. B45

These are his own words and could someone tell me if both are okay? Or should he ha

My friend talks about a girl he met two months ago:

I could really relate to who she is as a person. I felt that she's very conservative and very patient and she's waiting to find that someone special, and I felt like that that is something I am up for the challenge for.

vs

I could really relate to who she was as a person. I felt that she was very conservative and very patient and she was waiting to find that someone special, and I felt like that that was something I was up for the challenge for.

These are his own words and could someone tell me if both are okay? Or should he had made it all in the past tense since it happened two months ago?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • Italy
      • Current Location:
      • France

Re: These are his own words and could someone tell me if both are okay? Or should he

I am not a teacher.

If your friend met the girl two months ago, and has not seen her since, the only version possible would be with it all in the past tense.
    This would also be the case if he had continued to see her, but her personality had somehow changed since the first meeting.

If the meeting led to a relationship that is still ongoing, the first sentence with the mixed tenses would be possible. After that it sounds wrong.

The last part of the second sentence, after the comma in both cases, is atrocious.