Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Czech
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Hi, could you please help me with my motivation letter? I apply for a job in european parliment.

Dear Madam,
I am writing to express my strong interest in a traineeship offered by the faction GUE/NGL.

My name is XY and I am currently studying undergraduate degree in economics at the University of Economics, Prague. I have got BEC Preliminary qualification, from department of English at my university and I keep on taking English classes at BEC Vantage level. I also attend a few required courses taught in English, so I am able to speak in English on a daily bases. My current experiences are rather theoretical, but I believe I can offer my knowledge of economics, banking, public economics and certain knowledge of law and legal theory. Above mentioned I have also some experiences dealing with the public administration as a clerk of election commission.

There are several reasons why I have decided to apply for this job. First, I am sure it would be very helpful to know, how are things done in the European parliament and its committees and work associated to those institutions. Secondly, spending some time abroad is a perfect opportunity to improve my English, to get to know different cultures and meet new people. I am mainly interested in the Economic and Monetary Affairs committee. This committee attract me because of my interest in economics and banking. I would like to assess different legislative proposals from an economic perspective and evaluate their effect to Czech economy and its households. A part of this committee is also legislation of financial services. Multinational financial enterprises are getting out of control, their assets, that are many times higher than the European GDP, are not covered by deposits. Those enterprises are becoming „too big to fail“. Another committee I am interested in is the committee for Internal Market and Consumer Protection. This committee caught my attention mostly because of its legislative oversight of the single European market and its planned extension to the transatlantic partnership, but also because of legislation related to the European energy security strategy.

I assure you, that the position given to me will be performed for your complete satisfaction. I am a quick learner, so I believe I will get used to way you work in the European parliament pretty quick.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail or phone.

I look forward to possible cooperation.

Yours faithfully, XY

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing to express my strong interest in a traineeship offered by the faction S&D.

My name is XY and I am currently studying for an undergraduate degree in economics at the Masaryk University, Brno. I have [STRIKE]got [/STRIKE] obtained BEC Preliminary qualification, from the department of English at my university and I keep on taking English classes at BEC Vantage level. I also have attended a few required courses taught in English, so I am able to speak in English on a daily bases. My current experiences are rather theoretical, but I believe I can offer my knowledge of economics, banking, public economics and[STRIKE] certain[/STRIKE] some knowledge of law and legal theory. [STRIKE]Above mentioned[/STRIKE] In addition, I have also had some experience[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] dealing with the public administration while working as a clerk [STRIKE]of [/STRIKE] at the election commission.

There are several reasons why I have decided to apply for this job. First, I am sure it would be very helpful to know(,) how [STRIKE]are [/STRIKE]things are done in the European parliament and its committees and the work associated [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] with [STRIKE]those[/STRIKE] its institutions. Secondly, spending some time abroad is a perfect opportunity for me to improve my English, to get to know different cultures and meet new people. I am mainly interested in the Economic and Monetary Affairs committee. This committee attracts me because of my interest in economics and banking. I would like to assess different legislative proposals from an economic perspective and evaluate their effect [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] on Czech economy and its households. [STRIKE]A [/STRIKE] Part of this committee [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]also [/STRIKE] which deals with the legislation of financial services. Multinational financial enterprises are getting out of control of their assets (,) that are many times higher than the European GDP, and are not covered by deposits. Those enterprises are becoming "too big to fail“. Another committee I am interested in is the committee for Internal Market and Consumer Protection. This committee caught my attention mostly because of its legislative oversight of the single European market and its planned extension to the transatlantic partnership, [STRIKE]but [/STRIKE] and also because of legislation related to the European energy security strategy.

I assure you
(,) that the position given to me will be performed [STRIKE]for [/STRIKE] to your complete satisfaction. I am a quick learner, so I believe I will get used to way you work in the European parliament pretty quickl
y.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail or phone.

I look forward to [STRIKE]possible[/STRIKE] cooperation
with you.

Yours faithfully, XY

vonLieberman

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Czech
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic