• Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

under..what?

Hi,
    I really am in trouble with the sentence below. I will be so pleased if someone simplify it for me, thinking that these two sentences are ambiguous.

Third-party certification is the hallmark of the LEED™ program,” and “Moving the administration of LEED™ certification under GBCI will continue to support market transformation by delivering auditable third-party certification. Importantly, it also allows USGBC to stick to the knitting of advancing the technical and scientific basis of LEED™.
    Last edited by Sepmre; 24-Mar-2015 at 11:40.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: under..what?

Where in your post is anything which explains your title? The word "under" appears nowhere.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

I really apologize not to having marked the word, but bieng in trouble with the meaning of whole sentence not with just a single word I had to choose such a title, anyway the word "under" has been turned bolded.

Thanks.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

The sentences are full of jargon.

The gist that I can get is that the certification of LEED is now under the authority of GBCI. GBCI handles the certification of entities/projects to LEED.

USGBC is then only concerned with the setting of the LEED standards. Defining what makes a LEED design.

The presence of the word "knitting" in the final sentence is very puzzling to me.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Well, I apologise if "under" was there all along - I looked about five times and didn't see it! Sometimes companies or people can get certification of some kind "under the auspices of" an umbrella organisation which gives out the certificates or qualifications.

If you have a problem with such a long sentence or sentences in future, just make the title the first few words of the thread (ie "Third-party certification is the hallmark of the LEED".

(Cross-posted with SoothingDave.)
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

Well, I've edited my post after reading your comment.
    Thank you so much.