• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

philosophy

help with philosophy!please-desperate...single widowed mom just trying to do good in school. I've never done anythng like this before but I'm honestly helpless right now- i don't know what to do,where to start, or understand.....

plato-

Imagine someone named antiplato says:
    "the number one does not exist because I've never seen it. After 1,1000 experiments, I have yet to observe the number one. At best, the number one is a conceptual invention, but concepts don't really exist like, for instance, this piece of paper does"

Drawing primarily on specific passages from euthyphro , apology, phaedo and republic, answer the following ques:
    A. how would plato reply to antiplato? would plato view antiplatos argument as valid and sound?
    b. what are plato forms, and what role would they play in his response to antiplato?
    c. would you be inclined to agree with plato or antiplato on this topic? why?
    Last edited by lindsayliamkyle5187; 27-Mar-2015 at 03:50.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: philosophy

We can't help you with this, sorry. We don't do homework here. Even if we did, no one is going to summarise Euthyphro , Apology, Phaedo and Republic for you.
    That's a very difficult assignment you have. You're supposed to work out what Plato thinks about the reality of mental concepts. Is it too late for you to withdraw from that subject? In any case, that's Philosophy, not English.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: philosophy

Quote Originally Posted by lindsayliamkyle5187 View Post
    I need some help with my philosophy class! Please help me - I'm desperate. I'm a single widowed mom just trying to do good well in school. I've never done anything like this before but I'm honestly helpless right now. I don't know what to do, where to start, or how to understand this. .....

Plato

Imagine someone named Antiplato says:
    "The number one does not exist because I've never seen it. After 1,1000 experiments, I have yet to observe the number one. At best, the number one is a conceptual invention, but concepts don't really exist like, for instance, this piece of paper does."

Drawing primarily on specific passages from Euthyphro, Apology, Phaedo and Republic, answer the following question:

A. How would Plato reply to Antiplato? Would Plato view Antiplato's argument as valid and sound?
    B. What are Plato forms, and what role would they play in his response to Antiplato? (Maybe it's a philosophy term but I don't know what "Plato forms" are.)
    C. Would you be inclined to agree with Plato or Antiplato on this topic? Why?
    As Raymott said, we cannot help anyone with homework on this forum, regardless of whether it's English homework or philosophy homework. However, I have made corrections to the capitalisation, punctuation and spacing in your post. If you want to do well at school, you need to make sure that your essays and assignments are written following the standard rules of written English.

Good luck with your course!
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.