[Essay] Please read my essay and tell me if any wrong in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aju India

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Marathi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I have written the essay to improve my communication.

Essay Global warming-

Global warming becomes one of the big problem on the earth. Temperature of the earth is increasing day by day because of human interference in nature. Day by day the population is increasing. Human beings are using the vehicles that produces harmful gases in huge of amount. Human beings are cutting the trees. We know that trees absorbs Carbon dioxide and produces Oxygen.
Global warming is not affects only on human beings life but also it affects on all living animals and trees. Global warming leads to ozone layer depletion. Ozone layer is present at the top of the atmosphere layers, and it prevents us from ultraviolet rays which are harmful to our body.
Another effect of Global warming is increasing in sea level. The heat in the atmosphere is increasing day by day, and that leads to melting the ice mountains, so that sea level is increasing. The air Pollution, soil Pollution, Water Pollution is also responsible for Global Warming. Due to these different types of Pollution the nature's life cycle is distracting/disturbing.
To stop or to decrease Global warming we all have to take necessary action. There are so many Nature Communities that are working against Global warming. I think every one has/have to be participate in the events organized by these communities.

Thank you.

Last edited:

aju India

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Marathi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hey someone please help.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I have written [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] this essay to improve my [STRIKE]communication[/STRIKE] written English.

[STRIKE]Essay[/STRIKE]

Global Warming

Global warming becomes one of the big problem on the earth.
Global warming has become one of the biggest problems on Earth.

Temperature of the earth is increasing day by day because of human interference in nature.
The temperature of the earth is increasing every day due to human interference.

Day by day the population is increasing.
The population of the planet is constantly increasing.

Human beings are using the vehicles that produces harmful gases in huge of amount.
Humans use vehicles which produce huge amounts of harmful gases.

Human beings are cutting the trees.
We are cutting down thousands/millions of trees.

We know that trees absorbs Carbon dioxide and produces Oxygen.
We know that trees absorb carbon dioxide and they produce oxygen.

Global warming is not affects only on human beings life but also it affects on all living animals and trees.
Global warming not only affects humans but also all flora and fauna.

Global warming leads to ozone layer depletion.
It also leads to the depletion of the planet's ozone layer.

Ozone layer is present at the top of the atmosphere layers, and it prevents us from ultraviolet rays which are harmful to our body.
The ozone layer lies at the top of the earth's atmosphere and protects us from harmful ultraviolet rays.

Another effect of Global warming is increasing in sea level.
Another damaging effect of global warming is the increase in sea levels.

The heat in the atmosphere is increasing day by day, and that leads to melting the ice mountains, so that sea level is increasing.
The planet's temperature is constantly increasing, leading to ice melt and causing an increase in sea levels.

The air Pollution, soil Pollution, Water Pollution is also responsible for Global Warming.
The pollution of the air, soil and water also contribute to global warming.

Due to these different types of Pollution the nature's life cycle is distracting/disturbing.
This pollution of nature is very disturbing.

To stop or to decrease Global warming we all have to take necessary action.
We need to take urgent action to reduce (and in the long-term halt) global warming.

There are so many Nature Communities that are working against Global warming.
There are many organisations and communities working to reduce global warming.

I think every one has/have to be participate in the events organized by these communities.
I believe that every inhabitant of earth should participate in events organised by these groups.

[STRIKE]Thank you.[/STRIKE] Unnecessary. Thank us after we've helped you by clicking on the "Thank" button.

See above. I have corrected your sentences one at a time. There is no need to capitalise "global" unless it's at the start of a sentence. Let me know if you don't understand why I have corrected something. Of course, the finished essay should be written in logical paragraphs but I have separated the sentences to make it clearer.

Also please note that thread titles should include some/all of the words/phrases you are querying. A good title for your post would have been "Global warming".

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Please read my essay and tell me if anything is wrong in it.

You could also say:

Everyone should participate in the events organized by these communities.

("I think" is fine for spoken English. But in written English, we usually discourage such phrases as "I think" and "in my opinion." The reader already knows you think it because you're saying it.)

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
jcasey, I have added "Not a teacher" to your post. Also, I note that some of the information in your member profile appears to be incorrect. Please correct it asap.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
ems,

Global warming has become one of the biggest problems on Earth.
Earth does not need to be capitalized, does it?

The planet's temperature is constantly increasing, leading to ice melt and causing an increase in sea levels.
Shouldn't that be 'melting'?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I capitalised Earth in the same way I would capitalise Jupiter, Saturn, Venus etc. It's the name of the planet.

"Ice melt" is a commonly-used noun. Ice melt is a big problem.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
http://grammarist.com/style/earth/

Greenhouse gas emissions in volume affect the earth’s climate. [Financial Times]
Because of science, we were able to grasp the age of the earth. [Boston Globe]

Note that in the sentence on greenhouse gas emissions, which is related to global warming, "earth" is not capitalized. It is capitalized if you refer to Earth as a planetary body. It can be a grey area and could go either way.

OK, ice melt is a noun.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You will notice that in both the examples you quoted, the definite article appears before "earth". Had I used the article, I would not have capitalised "earth".

There are trillions of insects on the earth.
There are 7 billion people on Earth.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Then it's a style thing maybe. I was always taught "Earth" and "the earth". That is how the company that I do proofreading and editing for like it written too. Perhaps other countries (and individual companies) have different preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.