• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Post is this sentences is correct

is this sentences is correct? may you please suggest another one, if its not make sense ?

Several elementary schools established some rules; the teachers set up others. It takes time in the first few days of school to establish simple classroom rules and routines, but teaching the rules every day in the classroom before the lesson starts saves time and prevents stress because the students know what to do and you do not have to nag students or repeat expectations. For example, kindergarten teachers can save time by teaching students to take turns at the drinking fountain, on the playground, and at the pencil sharpener.
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 03-Apr-2015 at 14:10. Reason: Enlarged font so it's readable

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Re: is this sentences is correct

Where did you get this text from?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: is this sentences is correct

Quote Originally Posted by soso69 View Post
    Are these sentences is correct? Would you please suggest other sentences if they do not make sense?

Several elementary schools established some rules. The teachers set up others. It takes time in the first few days of school to establish simple classroom rules and routines, but teaching the rules every day in the classroom before the lesson starts saves time and prevents stress because the students know what to do and you do not have to nag students or repeat expectations. For example, kindergarten teachers can save time by teaching students to take turns at the drinking fountain, on the playground, and at the pencil sharpener.
    Yes, they make sense.

Always
    start sentences with capital letters! If there is no capital, the entire sentence is wrong.

The semicolon was not technically wrong, but it was not needed. Many editors discourage them because they are old-fashioned and ornate.
    I'm not a teacher. I speak American English. I've tutored writing at the University of Southern Maine and have done a good deal of copy editing and writing, occasionally for publication.