• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Egypt

english speaking

hello teachers, i need your help to improve myself in English speaking.
    what shall i do?
    i usually listen to videos and always check grammar use, as my work in Egypt to teach kids
    English through some simple and easy curricula.
    but i need to be faster and practice the language with native English speakers.
    what are your helpful suggestions ? .. thanks in advance.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

Re: english speaking

You could try language exchanges: https://www.usingenglish.com/links/S...ges/index.html

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: english speaking

Quote Originally Posted by ʚɞ Marwa Mostafa ʚɞ View Post
    Hello teachers. I need your help to improve myself in my spoken English. speaking.
    What shall should I do?
    I usually listen to videos and always check grammar use, as due to my work in Egypt to teaching kids English through some simple and easy curricula.
    but However, I need to be faster and practice the language with native English speakers.
    What are your helpful suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    Welcome to the forum.

The solution is practice! Speak English at every possible opportunity. Look for a language exchange group in your area. Look online for free English conversation sites. Surround yourself with English. Find an English-speaking radio station and play it at home all the time, just in the background. You don't need to sit and listen to it, just have it on so you subliminally pick up the rhythm and the cadence of the language. You will also pick up useful phrases.

Even though your post was about spoken English, you will note from my corrections above that your written English needs some work. If you are teaching English to kids, you need to set a good example. Ensure that you follow these rules of written English at all times:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
    - Always capitalise the word "I".
    - Always capitalise proper nouns (English, Egypt, Shakespeare, Microsoft etc).
    - Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
    - Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.