Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
UK
Hi. I would appreciate your advice on this.
I have sent a thank you note to my further interviewer for sending me the interview details and I just realised that I misspelled the company name as I put 'KMP' instead of 'KPM". I am worried that it might have a bad impact on my future interview and I do not know if I should follow up and apologize or just leave it as it is. What are your thoughts on this?

I would appreciate any suggestion on how to compose an apologize note.

Thank you.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
You could perhaps resend the thank you note with the correct spelling, and in the note you can briefly apologize for misspelling their company name.
;-)

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It's a hard call. You don't want to think you didn't know the company name, but calling attention to your error might be worse.

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I would acknowledge and correct the error. That is what a good employee would do.

sky ble

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
UK
It's a hard call. You don't want to think you didn't know the company name, but calling attention to your error might be worse.

That's what I think. I obviously know the company name and I spelled it correctly in all previous emails and my covering letter. It was just this time as I was in hurry and haven't noticed the error before I sent it...

As I've sent it yesterday and the company would see it after Easter I think that maybe it is better to pretend it didn't happen. Is it likely that they would bring that on an interview (which is in about 3 weeks time)?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
That's what I think. I obviously know the company name and I spelled it correctly in all previous emails and my covering letter. It was just this time as I was in hurry and [STRIKE]haven't noticed[/STRIKE] didn't notice the error before I sent it. (One full stop is enough.)

As [STRIKE]I've[/STRIKE] I sent it yesterday and the company [STRIKE]would[/STRIKE] won't see it until after Easter, I think that maybe it is better to pretend it didn't happen. Is it likely that they would bring that up [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] at [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] my interview (which is in about 3 weeks' time)?

I agree with Barb that it's a hard call. I would, for now, pretend it didn't happen and just deal with it if they bring it up at your interview. I don't think it's necessarily in your best interests to draw attention to it yourself.

See my corrections to your post above, in red.

Status
Not open for further replies.