• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia

Workmen trade test - For grammar check

I submitted workmen trade test related documents to Mr.Ren who told me that he can conduct trade test only for Scaffolders. He also adviced me that to contact Mr.Rex for other category trade test who will be the one to decide whom to conduct interview. ( I want to say: Rex will be the one to nominate the interviewers name for other category trade test)

Kindly inform Mr.Rose that /as our planned workmen trade test will not possible tomorrow.

Could you please check the above sentences?
    Last edited by Kumar Nadimuthu; 05-Apr-2015 at 19:53.
    "In sandy soil, when deep you delve, you reach the springs below; The more you learn, the freer streams of wisdom flow." - Thiruvalluvar

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Workmen trade test - For grammar check

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar Nadimuthu View Post
    I submitted workmen trade test related documents to Mr.Ren who told me that he can conduct trade test only for Scaffolders. He also adviced me that to contact Mr.Rex for other category trade test who will be the one to decide whom to conduct interview. ( I want to say: Rex will be the one to nominate the interviewers name for other category trade test)

Kindly inform Mr.Rose that /as our planned workmen trade test will not possible tomorrow.

Could you please check the above sentences?
    Yesterday, I submitted some documents relating to 'workman trade tests' to Mr Ren but he told me he can conduct trade tests only for scaffolders. He advised me that I should contact Mr Rex for trade tests for other categories of workmen. Mr Rex will decide who will conduct the interviews.

Are the interviews mentioned in the last sentence the same as the trade tests?
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia

Yes, oral and written test.
    "In sandy soil, when deep you delve, you reach the springs below; The more you learn, the freer streams of wisdom flow." - Thiruvalluvar

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

OK, then I think it is a little confusing to refer to them as "trade tests" in two sentences and then suddenly refer to them as "interviews" in the final sentence. Be consistent.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    OK, then I think it is a little confusing to refer to them as "trade tests" in two sentences and then suddenly refer to them as "interviews" in the final sentence. Be consistent.
    The purpose of this test is whether they qualified for the current job assignments. My client wants to test, are they really a Scaffolder/Mason/Carpenter?
    Last edited by Kumar Nadimuthu; 05-Apr-2015 at 20:59.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Yes, I know what a trade test is and it's usually a practical test where someone actually has to demonstrate the skill. Is there an oral interview as well?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia

Yes.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

So am I right in understanding that Mr Ren carries out the practical trade test and then Mr Rex conducts an interview? Does everyone get an oral interview or only the people who pass the practical trade test?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    So am I right in understanding that Mr Ren carries out the practical trade test and then Mr Rex conducts an interview? Does everyone get an oral interview or only the people who pass the practical trade test?
    No, since Ren is familiar with scaffolding activities who can conduct trade test (oral+written) only for Scaffolders. Here Rex is from Admin Department who doesn't have a technical knowledge. All examiners are (the one who conducting trade test) working under Rex. Everyone has to be attend both oral and wriiten test. They have a 3 chances (3 attempts).
    Last edited by Kumar Nadimuthu; 04-May-2015 at 15:11.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Ah, bureaucracy. Britain`s legacy to India. And man are they good at it. World champions, by a mile!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast