Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
I submitted workmen trade test related documents to Mr.Ren who told me that he can conduct trade test only for Scaffolders. He also adviced me that to contact Mr.Rex for other category trade test who will be the one to decide whom to conduct interview. ( I want to say: Rex will be the one to nominate the interviewers name for other category trade test)

Kindly inform Mr.Rose that /as our planned workmen trade test will not possible tomorrow.

Could you please check the above sentences?

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I submitted workmen trade test related documents to Mr.Ren who told me that he can conduct trade test only for Scaffolders. He also adviced me that to contact Mr.Rex for other category trade test who will be the one to decide whom to conduct interview. ( I want to say: Rex will be the one to nominate the interviewers name for other category trade test)

Kindly inform Mr.Rose that /as our planned workmen trade test will not possible tomorrow.

Could you please check the above sentences?

Yesterday, I submitted some documents relating to 'workman trade tests' to Mr Ren but he told me he can conduct trade tests only for scaffolders. He advised me that I should contact Mr Rex for trade tests for other categories of workmen. Mr Rex will decide who will conduct the interviews.

Are the interviews mentioned in the last sentence the same as the trade tests?

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Yes, oral and written test.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
OK, then I think it is a little confusing to refer to them as "trade tests" in two sentences and then suddenly refer to them as "interviews" in the final sentence. Be consistent.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
OK, then I think it is a little confusing to refer to them as "trade tests" in two sentences and then suddenly refer to them as "interviews" in the final sentence. Be consistent.

The purpose of this test is whether they qualified for the current job assignments. My client wants to test, are they really a Scaffolder/Mason/Carpenter?

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Yes, I know what a trade test is and it's usually a practical test where someone actually has to demonstrate the skill. Is there an oral interview as well?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
So am I right in understanding that Mr Ren carries out the practical trade test and then Mr Rex conducts an interview? Does everyone get an oral interview or only the people who pass the practical trade test?

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
So am I right in understanding that Mr Ren carries out the practical trade test and then Mr Rex conducts an interview? Does everyone get an oral interview or only the people who pass the practical trade test?

No, since Ren is familiar with scaffolding activities who can conduct trade test (oral+written) only for Scaffolders. Here Rex is from Admin Department who doesn't have a technical knowledge. All examiners are (the one who conducting trade test) working under Rex. Everyone has to be attend both oral and wriiten test. They have a 3 chances (3 attempts).

Last edited:

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Ah, bureaucracy. Britain`s legacy to India. And man are they good at it. World champions, by a mile!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Saying "man" in this way gives emphasis. It's like saying "And, WOW, are they good at it!" It means that they are extremely good at it.

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
And are they! Been there, done that.

Last edited: