Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Greetings to all users of this resource!
A really weird and at the same time trivial idea was conceived in my head today. This happened during an extremely boring lecture when I started reading a book that dwells upon real historical events and was written by a military officer and might even be considered as a philosophical treatise. This book contains a fair amount of interesting words and constructions that were written out in my workbook. They are just random words and was taken from different contexts. And as I looked at the words my brain immediately began to depict a story and I decided to write it down. It might be regarded as a story or just as an extract or a text without any particular genre. I hope you enjoy reading it and that it would be worthy of your time.

The purpose of this piece is to entartain the reader and to hopefully improve my English. I know I always make mistakes due to my inattentiveness, so It would be very generous of you if you corrected me.

[****]

The greatness and fierceness with which the war broke out were of something natural, but still are capable of beggaring imagination. Mottos, slogans, hope - everything seemed so incompatible with the reality now. The very ground of egalitarianism did not hold up against a brutal force of political interest.

He was a distinguished officer among other guards of honour serving in the forces that were supposed to supplement a nation's military capability. But circumstances were now pushing him into undesireable affairs because his regiment was comitioned to become a part of a regular infrantry unit. In addition to that, when the situation was deteriorating a lot of conscripts were assembled and now constituted the most of the army. From this moment a vast majority of the army being under arms was full of ill-prepared soldiers and people that would rather exploit all possible examptions and resort to self-mutilation than engage in battle. The truth was that it was actually happening and some beggars ended up with being shackled to a rope, whereas the others were haunted down for desertion. Until recently these things remained a matter of contention leaving a little hope for human nature to change. [END]

Thank you for paying me with your attention!

Last edited:

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Greetings to all users of this resource!
A really weird and at the same time trivial idea was conceived in my head today. This happened during an extremely boring lecture when I started reading a book that dwells upon real historical events and was written by a military officer and might even be considered as a philosophical treatise. This book contains a fair amount of interesting words and constructions that were written out in my workbook. They are just random words and were taken from different contexts. And as I looked at the words, my brain immediately began to create/construct/imagine/conjure/invent [Brains don't depict.] a story, and I decided to write it down. It might be regarded as a story or just as an extract or a text without any particular genre. I hope you enjoy reading it and that it will be worthy of your time.

The purpose of this piece is to entertain the reader and, hopefully, to improve my English. I know I always make mistakes due to my inattentiveness, so it would be very generous of you if you would corrected me.

[****]

The greatness and fierceness with which the war broke out were of something natural, but still is capable of beggaring imagination. Mottos, slogans, hope - everything seemed so incompatible with the reality now. The very ground of egalitarianism did not hold up against a brutal force of political interest.

He was a distinguished officer among other guards of honour serving in the forces that were supposed to supplement a nation's military capability. But circumstances were now pushing him into undesirable affairs because his regiment was commissioned to become a part of a regular infantry unit. In addition to that, when the situation was deteriorating, a lot of conscripts were assembled and now constituted [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] most of the army. From this moment a vast majority of the army being was poorly armed and full of ill-prepared soldiers and people who would rather exploit all possible exemptions and resort to self-mutilation than engage in battle. The truth was that it was actually happening, and some beggars ended up [STRIKE]with being[/STRIKE] shackled to a rope, while others were hunted down for desertion. Until recently these things remained a matter of contention, leaving [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] little hope for human nature to change. [END]

Thank you for[STRIKE] paying me with[/STRIKE] your attention! [That's not what pay attention means. Look it up.]

Your written English is strong. Keep at it!

Revadim

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Thank you for feedback, I really appreciate this as I was thinking about writing a continuation to this peace using a variety of words! At the end it might even be a complete story, I don't know! The only thing I'd like to specify is the usage of construction "to be under arms" in the meaning of being on duty. I do not really understand why I used it incorrectly...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.