[Essay] How can "I request someone to pay in a formal" language in a letter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xerxespunk

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
"This letter is a request from you to kindly pay 500 USD for 2 months working to Ms. alicia jhakson who works as Website Translator for the Project."

I just want the formal form of the above sentence to put it in a short letter. maybe the sentence above is totally wrong. I don't know.I'm not native.
anyways I would highly appreciate it if you could do it for me .
thank you in advance

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
"This letter is a request from you to kindly pay 500 USD for 2 months working to Ms. alicia jhakson who works as Website Translator for the Project."

I just want the formal form of the above [STRIKE]sentence[/STRIKE] to put it in a short letter. Maybe the sentence above is totally wrong. I don't know. I'm not a native English speaker.
[STRIKE]anyways[/STRIKE] Anyway, I would [STRIKE]highly[/STRIKE] appreciate it if you could do it for me.
Thank you in advance.

Dear Sir/Madam (or name of person)

Please pay Ms Alicia Jackson $500US for her two months' work as a Website Translator on [name of project].

Yours

[Your name]

Note my other corrections to your post above. Concentrate on capitalisation.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia

You have provided the services of Alicia Jhakson to work as a website translator for your client, for which you are charging for the services. I thought the proper thing to do is for your Accounts department to issue an invoice for the services rendered and not a letter.

not a teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.