• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland

not falling within-meaning-what does it refer to, anhy installations or a ERRV?

It's me again.

Except as otherwise noted, these Guidelines describe a "Group B” ERRV suitable for acting as ERRV at any Installations not falling within the category requiring a "Group A"ERRV.

Before I ask you a question, I would like to explain that the abbreviation ERRV means Emergency Response and Rescue Vessel and the whole question is extracted from Emergency Response & Rescue Vessel Survey Guidelines.

Since I am not much of an expert on vessels, I would like to check with you that I get the meaning in yellow right. In my opinion, not falling within means not belonging to the category and refers to any installations.

On one hand, it may refer to any installations because "any installations" stands close to not falling within.

Onthe other hand, it may as well mean ERRV. I don't know.

Here is some more context:

A “Group A” ERRV is one acting as an ERRV for an Installation which is manned by particularly large numbers, e.g. significantly over 300, such as during the hook-up and commissioning phases of field development. Group A ERRVs should meet the additional requirements noted in these Guidelines.
    A “Group C” ERRV is one acting as an ERRV for an Installation which is manned by very small numbers, e.g. up to about 20. This ERRV Group should meet the requirements of the Guidelines for Group B ERRV in all respects except as otherwise stated in these Guidelines.

Thank you.
    Last edited by JACEK1; 12-Apr-2015 at 20:55.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Re: not falling within-meaning-what does it refer to, anhy installations or a ERRV?

"Except as otherwise noted, these Guidelines describe a 'Group B' ERRV suitable for acting as ERRV at any Installations not falling within the category requiring a 'Group A' ERRV."

These guidelines describe the attributes or characteristics of Group B ERRVs, that is to say those ERRVs that are are suitable for use anywhere except at installations that require Group A ERRVs.