• Native Language:
      • Japanese
      • Home Country:
      • Japan
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

• Post Thanks / Like

I can't even access to the profile of my own

I registered this forum because I found here helpful and useful as well as I thought that my knowledge could be at times helpful to others.
    But, I can't even access either to "my profile" page after editing it or to "my name" field shown on the upper right section.

The error message is as follows: (Am I on pending?)
    Yoshiyuki Mukudai, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

The topic which I want to share you with is something like this:
    My way of teaching English: Infinitive "To" and Gerund in case of "Look(ing) forward to (Gerund)

Infinitive "To" actually is Preposition "To." And a verb in form of infinitive is actually object of the Preposition "To." This (verb infinitive form) is known as noun form of verbs in Old English. So, since Gerund (action nominal (-Ing form verb) ) is also noun form of verbs, there is no such enormous differences between Infinitive (action to be taken expressed with the verb) and Gerund (action itself expressed by the verb.)
    Then when you think of the phrase "look(ing) forward to (Gerund)," you can easily detect the logic. Preposition calls for an object in its nature, and the verb is action expressed by the verb itself rather than something to be done in the future.

You never learn this sort of common sense in any high schools or universities in Japan except you will intensify yourself at highly regarded linguistics university like Tokyo University of Foreign Studies. I studied by myself both by my instinct and then confirming it by reading so many linguistics books. That's the main problem in English education in Japan.

https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=364998085

I could describe myself as English teacher on my editing of my profile, but I chose "Interested in English" instead because I'm not a native and I do know that mine is not perfect even though I do have something interesting to say.

Can anyone kindly help me on this? I can neither make any comments or put likes to any posts even nor see other contributors' profiles.
    I hate to waste my time and energy in this kind of correcting of bugs or errors.

All the best, (and, thanks, in advance.)
    Yoshiyuki Mukudai

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Japanese
      • Home Country:
      • Japan
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: I can't even access to the profile of my own

Thank you for Administrators for releasing me from pending list. But, I can't upload my profile photo due without your permission.
    https://www.usingenglish.com/forum/f...xt=1&match=all

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

• Post Thanks / Like

There are some features that are not instantly available, but get switched on when someone has posted a number of times. This is to reduce the scope for advertisers to bother people. Other people have uploaded photos to use as avatars. I will check to see if that is available like private messages after someone has posted ten times.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Japanese
      • Home Country:
      • Japan
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

• Post Thanks / Like

​Thank you for your kind reply. I will wait for your permission.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Lithuanian
      • Home Country:
      • Europe
      • Current Location:
      • Europe

• Post Thanks / Like

Hi administrators and moderators. I want to please you to activate my account too :) To remove it from pending list. I need help, so I want to get working account as quick as possible :) Thanks in advance :)

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Lithuanian
      • Home Country:
      • Europe
      • Current Location:
      • Europe

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by edukulele View Post
    Hi administrators and moderators. I want to please you to activate my account too :) To remove it from pending list. I need help, so I want to get working account as quick as possible :) Thanks in advance :)
    Thank you, my account is fully working right now ;)