• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hungarian
      • Home Country:
      • Hungary
      • Current Location:
      • Hungary

Question Formal letter to a tourist office

Hello, I have some skill in php language, but my english language is far from good. I have never lived in english speaking cities, so I know, that I can't write a good letter. Most of the times my sentences feel "foreign", I think.
    Now I have to write letters to some tourist offices, and I don't want to be too "foreign".

I would be really glad, if you could check this letter:

Dear XYZ,

First let me introduce myself. My name is XYZ and I work with COMPANY-NAME. I would like to pay/draw your attention to our website (by) providing you with free possibility/opportunity to introduce/present your region/the region represented by you.
    WEBSITE-NAME is a brand new website. The site is primarily a free travel blog where anyone can share his/her travel experiences, can show the sights located around his/her home, can prepare maps or can upload other travel related articles. We sort the articles based on travel categories and regions and our long-term goal is to establish a database where visitors can get useful information on numerous touristical possibilities all over the world.
    We would be glad/pleased if your region / the region represented by you appears on our website. In case you are interested in the appereance possibility on our website, you can review it via this link.
    After a brief registration you can introduce your region on our site. You can upload photos, share your links and attach maps, as well.
    I really hope that our website could arouse your interest. It would be grateful if you blog on WEBSITE-NAME.
    We are looking forward to hearing from you soon. Should you have any questions regarding the website, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

So this would be the letter. (?)
    Thanks,
    Istvan
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 14-Apr-2015 at 18:47. Reason: Removed hyperlinks

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Formal letter to a tourist office

Quote Originally Posted by sinusgamma View Post
    Hello, I have some skill in php language, but my ​English language is far from good. I have never lived in an English-speaking cities country so I know (no comma here) that I can't write a good letter. Most of the times time, I think my sentences feel "foreign". , I think.
    Now I have to write letters to some tourist offices, and I don't want to be sound too "foreign".

I would be really glad (no comma here) if you could check this letter:

Dear XYZ,

First, let me introduce myself. My name is XYZ and I work with COMPANY-NAME. I would like to pay/draw your attention to our website (by) providing you with free possibility/ the opportunity to introduce/present advertise your region for free. /the region represented by you.

WEBSITE-NAME is a brand new website. The site is primarily a free travel blog where anyone can share his/her their travel experiences, can show give details of the sights located around his/her their home, can prepare maps or can upload other travel-related articles. We sort the articles based on travel categories and regions and our long-term goal is to establish a database where visitors can get useful information on numerous touristical tourist possibilities all over the world.

We would be glad/pleased if very happy for your region / the region represented by you to appears appear on our website. In case If you are interested, in the appereance possibility on our website, you can review
    it view our website via this link.

After a brief registration process, you can introduce advertise your region on our site. You can also upload photos, share your links and attach maps., as well.

I really hope that our website could arouses your interest. It I would be grateful if you would write a blog on WEBSITE-NAME.

We are looking look forward to hearing from you soon. Should you have any questions regarding the website, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

So this would be the letter. (?)
    Thanks,
    Istvan
    All unnecessary.
    See above for my suggested amendments to your letter and corrections to the first part of your post.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hungarian
      • Home Country:
      • Hungary
      • Current Location:
      • Hungary

Thank you so much for your help! You corrected all my sentences :) Perfect!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

You're welcome but please note that there is no need to write a new post to say "Thank you". Simply click on the "Thank" button in the bottom left-hand corner of any post you find helpful. It saves time for everyone.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.