[Essay] Pros and cons of studyingEnglish overseas. Please read and correct it for me. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenny dau

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Thesis: More and more students are choosing to study English overseas. Discuss advantage and disadvantages

Nowadays, English have become one of the important language in the world. Being good at English gives us a lot of opportunities to get a better job, so that much more student than ever tend to study English overseas. This essay will discuss the benefits and drawbacks of this tendency

The good point of studying English abroad are undeniable. First of all, studying at native countries, students maybe offered better English courses than in their countries. For instance, this curriculum from several countries such as the UK is the international standard of teaching English around the world. Secondly, learners might improve their English skill faster, especially speaking and listening. They will be put at a good English environment where they can practise daily with native teachers and locals. This is definitely beneficial for their pronunciation and fluency. Finally, students are exposed to different cultures that can broaden their horizons. For example, they can experience a vibrant and exciting nightlife most states in the USA while others can also enjoy the atmosphere and beauty of traditional countryside such as a medieval castle beside rows of old oaks which is common pattern in parts of England

On the other hand, when studying English overseas, these learners have to face to several downsides. First of all, living and studying abroad can be difficult because there are the differences of cultures, customs and weather between their country which they was born and another country which they study. In addition, with living far way from home for a long period, students can suffer from homesickness and loneliness as well as mental disorders and autism in some serious cases. Last but not least, studying English abroad can be costly. There has much expenditure for living, transportation and study that learners have to pay.

In conclusion, studying English abroad is a good options for someone who can afford to pay costs and desire to live in a comprehensive English evironment. I believe that this tendency will be more prevalent in the future

P/S:
Please check it for me, I can't afford to go to English Centre or ask advice from teachers. I have to prepare Ielts Exam for myself. I would appreciate to be given
any feed back :) God bless you

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
More and more students are choosing to study English overseas. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages

Nowadays, English [STRIKE]have [/STRIKE] has become one of the most important languages in the world. Being good at English gives us a lot of opportunities to get a better job, so[STRIKE] that [/STRIKE][STRIKE]much[/STRIKE] a lot more student than ever [STRIKE]tend [/STRIKE]are now inclined to go overseas to study English [STRIKE]overseas[/STRIKE]. This essay [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] discusses the benefits and drawbacks of this [STRIKE]tendency[/STRIKE] trend.

The good points [STRIKE]of [/STRIKE] about studying English abroad are undeniable. First of all, by studying [STRIKE]at [/STRIKE] in [STRIKE]native[/STRIKE] English-speaking countries, students would [STRIKE]may[/STRIKE]be offered better English courses than in their own countries. For instance, [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] the curriculum from [STRIKE]several [/STRIKE]countries such as the UK is up to the international standard of teaching English [STRIKE]around the world[/STRIKE]. Secondly, learners [STRIKE]might[/STRIKE] could improve their English skills faster, especially in speaking and listening. They will be[STRIKE] put at[/STRIKE] exposed to a good English environment where they can practise speaking the language daily with native teachers and locals. This is definitely beneficial for their pronunciation and fluency. Finally, students are exposed to different cultures, the experience [STRIKE]that [/STRIKE] from which can help broaden their horizons. For example, they can experience [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] vibrant and exciting nightlife in most states in the USA while others can also get to enjoy the atmosphere and beauty of traditional countryside,[STRIKE]such[/STRIKE] as the scenery of a medieval castle [STRIKE]beside[/STRIKE] set among rows of old oaks which is common[STRIKE] pattern[/STRIKE] in parts of England

On the other hand, when studying English overseas, [STRIKE]these learners have to[/STRIKE] the students would face to several downsides. First of all, living and studying abroad can be difficult because there are the vast differences of culture[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE], custom[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] and[STRIKE] weather[/STRIKE] climate [STRIKE]between their country which they was born and another country which they study[/STRIKE]with their home country. In addition, [STRIKE]with living[/STRIKE] being far way from home for a long period, students [STRIKE]can[/STRIKE] are prone to suffer from homesickness and loneliness as well as mental disorders and autism in some serious cases. Last but not least, studying English abroad can be costly. There [STRIKE]has much expenditure[/STRIKE] is a high cost to pay for living, transportation and study expenses that [STRIKE]learners[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]have to pay[/STRIKE].

In conclusion, studying English abroad is a good option[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] for[STRIKE] someone[/STRIKE] people who can afford the [STRIKE]to pay [/STRIKE]costs and have the desire to live in a [STRIKE]comprehensive English[/STRIKE] conducive foreign environment. I believe that this [STRIKE]tendency[/STRIKE] trend is fast picking up and will be [STRIKE]more[/STRIKE] prevalent in the near future.

not a teacher

jenny dau

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
thank your feed back, brother. I'm noting rightnow and If you don't mind if i ask some question :3
God bless you :)

jenny dau

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
what is diferent between TREND and TENDENCY ?
Why didn't you use " trend" instead of tendency :roll:

jenny dau

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
I got it. Thanks so much

Status