Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
UK
Dear All

I would be very grateful if you could check the grammar in the email below or reword it slightly as I made enormously long sentence. Thank you very much for any help.

''Dear Mr. Green

I am working over the past exam questions and am having a difficulty with a few 'topic' questions.
I have worked out the answers but am unsure if they are correct so I am wondering if it would be possible to arrange to meet with you in you office hours, to get a clarification on these problems or alternatively if you could possibly provide me with the solutions to the past exam questions to allow me to check my answers?

As there is quite a few questions, I do not think that they can be dealt with in the class time.

Regards ''

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Dear Mr. Green

I am working [STRIKE]over[/STRIKE] on the past exam questions and am having [STRIKE]a [/STRIKE]difficulty with a few[STRIKE] 'topic'[/STRIKE] questions.
I have worked out the answers but am unsure if they are correct. So I am wondering if it would be possible [STRIKE]to arrange[/STRIKE] to meet with you [STRIKE]in [/STRIKE]during your office hours(,) to get [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] some clarification on the[STRIKE]se[/STRIKE] problems. [STRIKE]or [/STRIKE]Alternatively, [STRIKE]if you[/STRIKE] could you possibly provide me with the solutions to the past exam questions [STRIKE]to allow[/STRIKE] for me to check my answers?

(There is no reason for you to cram everything in the same sentence. It is always better and clearer to use shorter sentences.)

As there[STRIKE] is[/STRIKE] are quite a few questions, I do not think that they can be dealt within the class time.

Regards ,

not a teacher

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I do not think that they can be dealt with within the class time.
You could also use "tackled" instead of "dealt with" to avoid the sound repetition of "with." ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.