• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Finnish
      • Home Country:
      • Finland
      • Current Location:
      • Finland

For the heart can stop beating at any time

So I'm wondering if this is a right way to say the sentence: "For the heart can stop beating at any time"
    is "at" needed here? Is the grammar right or is there some other way to say this? I need this to be poetic, that's why the sentence starts with "for".

Thank you for your help! This is very important to me so native speakers and teachers, your help is greatly appreciated!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: For the heart can stop beating at any time

Quote Originally Posted by adlercreutz View Post
    So I'm wondering if this is a the right way to say the this sentence: "For the heart can stop beating at any time".

Is "at" needed here? Is the grammar right or is there some other way to say this? I need this to be poetic, that's why the sentence starts with "for".

Thank you for your help! This is very important to me so native speakers and teachers, your help is greatly appreciated!
    Welcome to the forum.

In my opinion, "at" is required here. There are circumstances in which we simply use "any time" but I don't think it works here. "At any time" is the same as "at any moment" in your context and "at" can't be omitted in that phrase.

Please note that I have changed your thread title. Titles should include some or all of the words you are querying. Non-specific titles like "Is this correct" or "Help please" are not helpful when we are searching for threads, and it helps you to tell your own posts apart.

Also, please check the information in your profile, particularly the "Current Location" - it appears to be incorrect.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

3. Newbie
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Finnish
      • Home Country:
      • Finland
      • Current Location:
      • Finland

Re: For the heart can stop beating at any time

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

In my opinion, "at" is required here. There are circumstances in which we simply use "any time" but I don't think it works here. "At any time" is the same as "at any moment" in your context and "at" can't be omitted in that phrase.

Please note that I have changed your thread title. Titles should include some or all of the words you are querying. Non-specific titles like "Is this correct" or "Help please" are not helpful when we are searching for threads, and it helps you to tell your own posts apart.

Also, please check the information in your profile, particularly the "Current Location" - it appears to be incorrect.
    Thank you, the title is now better.