• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Letter Correction

However, tedmc, the opening line does say "I'm attaching a resumé for my wife" so this is a covering letter to go with it.

Shakil, if you go back to post #2 and look at my comments and corrections, you will see that, amongst other things, I already queried what "doing coop" means. You have not yet dealt with that query but you have repeated the meaningless phrase in your updated letter.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

2. Newbie
    Other
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Hi, I know this is not a resume. Resume will be attached with the letter. This is only a letter which I will send to my Manager for Job consideration and I hope he will consider but just I wanted to know that this letter is OK in every respect and this letter should not see as a sympathy letter. All contents in this letter is truth and my Manager is also knows every things but my letter should show that My wife was away from job for many years but because of some genuine health reason but she is very good and she is very good learner and could be a good asset if considered.
    You all guys are very good in this forum and have better English understanding that’s why I joined this forum to get the better idea and help to find out any error from my letter. I am already very grateful that someone has already corrected my letter. Now I need some last finishing touch in my letter so that I can send it to My Manager for Job’s consideration. Thanks.

3. Key Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

The title of the letter 'resume for Amarta' is not appropriate then as it is meant to be an attachment to the letter. You could use 'Request for a Job for Amarta'.

We need to undertand what you write to be able to edit your letter, so we need your answer to the two questions (danger zone and coop).
    I am not a teacher or a native speaker.

4. Newbie
    Other
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Hi, Yes. I know this is not a resume. This is a recommendation. I will attach the resume with the letter. The mean of "going into the danger zone" was very critical condition. DRT is a IT related company where she is doing coop in data analyst. I already mentioned that I'll send the letter to my Manager and I think it will be more effective because he knows me very well. Hope you will review my letter and correct or add sentence for more effectiveness of letter. Thanks again for your help.

5. Newbie
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • UK

I would like to know if it is a letter sent by a computer, the format of the letter can be more convenient? connector Yazaki
    Last edited by DECObrice; 10-Jun-2015 at 04:12.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

For the fourth time - what does "doing coop" mean? It is not an English phrase. You need to explain it or it is impossible to help you further.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2