[Grammar] please inform us what is the quantity of those "solvent " you required per month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaghoob

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Sri Lanka
please inform us what is the quantity of those "solvent " you required per month.

is this tense correct?
please inform us what is the quantity of those "solvent " you required per month.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Re: please inform us what is the quantity of those "solvent " you required per month

"Please inform us of the quantity of solvent you require(d) each month."
I'm not sure if you're asking about the tense of the 'inform' (correct), 'is' (correct), or 'require' (possibly correct).

You can't say "those solvent". The use of "Inform us what is ..." is not good. Another option is "Please inform us what the quantity of solvent is that you require each month."
If the sentence is about the past use of solvent, then 'required' is correct, and you need 'was'.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Re: please inform us what is the quantity of those "solvent " you required per month

Is this tense correct?
Please inform us what is the quantity of those "solvent " you required per month.
We shouldn't have to go to the trouble of correcting careless mistakes like these, yaghoob.

yaghoob

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Sri Lanka

Dear
I'm not very well in English,that is not careless,that is because of my weak English but I will try to correct myself.
Thanks for your opinion.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

[STRIKE]Dear[/STRIKE]
I'm not very [STRIKE]well[/STRIKE] good [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] at English. That is not carelessness, [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] it is because of my weak English but I will try to correct myself.
Thanks for your opinion.

You are not new to the forum so I think you already know that you must start every sentence with a capital letter. That's why Rover thought it was just a careless error.

I see no reason to make your original sentence more wordy than necessary.

"Please tell us how much solvent you need each month."

Status
Not open for further replies.