1. Possibly. "Which is Andy's favorite sport" is a non-defining clause.
2. No. "Where" does not work there.
Student or Learner
Hi, everyone.My qs are:
1.Like proper nouns or possessive adj+n (mostly)before relative pronouns, can I say what comes after games or sport nouns(e.g.The computer games,Horse riding,Football....etc.) tends to be a non-defining relative clause?
e.g.Horse riding,which is Andy's favorite sport, is dangerous.
2.As I know,the relative adv "where"must be preceded by a place noun and followed by subject.But what about this sentence?
"The house which I bought is very expensive." Can I use "where" instead.
Last edited by emsr2d2; 25-May-2015 at 20:29. Reason: Added line breaks to make it readable
But why I can't use "where" instead of "which" in 2 ? That's the question.
You need to work on your punctuation and the spacing around your punctuation. Follow these rules at all times:
- Put a space after every comma, full stop, question mark and exclamation mark.
- Put a space before an opening bracket but no space directly after it.
- Do not put a space before a closing bracket but put a space directly after it (unless it's followed by a full stop).
Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.