Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
:-?
After about ten years of e-mail, story writing haunts my conscience. The grammar rules in e-mail are used less than grammar than LE. I am not complaining and understand some order must be used. I use grammar and it helps me greatly and I will agree every sentence should have (some order and understanding to it by the words used. The writer said this but meant that sort of thing when writing).

I am not sure I will ever understanding story writing because I have never been used to it, except by reading a book not writing one. I do believe in some order in writing and understanding, could Wikipedia be of sort of help if I get into trouble trying to explain my thoughts (which happens a lot) and can't? Paul

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You keep referring to having trouble explaining your thoughts. Who are you trying to explain them to? Are you writing for public consumption? Who do you email on a regular basis? Why are you writing stories?

Paul James

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Because I was told that in this forum one writes stories. From two paragraphs to four or five. I just write short sentences and paragraphs to get my point across. E-mail type writing for me. Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.