Student or Learner
Native Language
Slovak
Home Country
Slovak Republic
Current Location
Slovak Republic
Hello,

first of all, I am terrible at writing.. It is something I just suck at. I am also short on time since I have to work next 3 days and my time management failed(yeah i know i am very responsible). I would kindly ask anyone to help me fix any grammatical or content errors/mistakes. I am applying for International Business, Entrepreneurship and SME Management program(Maastricht university). Thanks a million.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am hereby applying for MSc in International Business, Entrepreneurship and SME Management program.

I am from the capital city of Slovakia, Bratislava. My father has German heritage and exposed me to German at the very young age. I think becoming bilingual at the very young age made interested in languages. In school, I became conversant with Spanish and English languages and I was particularly interested in becoming fluent in English due its importance (and obvious necessity) in international arena. My father is an entrepreneur and I think this motivated me in pursuing career in business from a very young age.

It has always been my dream to study abroad. Due to family issues I was not able to leave my family and study where I wanted. After my high school graduation I enrolled in the best and closest possible program taught in English. I applied in all business related universities in Slovakia and chose the highest ranked. I enrolled in International Management program at Comenius University. I am now able to leave and study at the university I want without any possible future distractions.

Year ago, I finished my bachelor in International Management at Comenius university. Being free from studying I could focus more on work and invest time in developing my own start up. I worked as an executive assistant during my studies at Comenius, as this work allowed me just enough time to study. I acquired useful skills in business administration and the possibility to practice the information learned at the University. As an executive assistant I was essentially managing 1-2 employees and therefore training my management skills. I work for a scrap-metal trading company and my job also consisted of traveling to Czech Republic, Austria, Hungary and other close neighbors of Slovakia for business trips. I think these business trips in a way compensated for the inability to study internationally. I have experience working with SME's and also large international companies like US Steel. Having actual working experience with international companies is something I can contribute to other fellows in the program.

In the future I would like to work for a company for a couple years while developing my own projects.
While choosing my career during high school I deeply considered becoming an engineer. During my mid-teenage years I became increasingly interested in physics, programing and engineering. My thinking at the time was to study business and self study these subjects. I would say that physics was most helpful for my work and studying. I found that a lot of principles and forms of thinking from physics could be harnessed in business. For example working from first principles is something I always use when facing tough and complex problems. I am now more focused on programming as it a good tool for creating a company without substantial capital.

A very obvious reason why Maastricht University is a right choice for me is its internationality. UM is very internationally oriented, making it the perfect place to start an international business career. The university has high percentage of international students. I would love to be among international students because it is a great possibility to broaden my horizons and get in touch with people on international scale. This I see as a clear advantage in pursuing my career goal to become an entrepreneur. Another good reason for me to join the UM is its high standard of education. UM is highly ranked, and this attracts top professors as well as top students. In addition, the wide range of top partner universities and student networks offers more possibilities for better education. The reason why I chose International Business, Entrepreneurship and SME Management program is that it allows me to take course in strategy, organization, marketing, finance and accounting, all highly important when starting a business. I expect of this program improve my managerial skills and furthermore help me in starting my own business.

All this distinguishes UM from other universities and is making my choice clear. I want to study at UM. Thank you for considering my application. I would be very pleased to be granted admission for the fall term.

Sincerely yours,
My name

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Re: URGENT- (sorry for spamming) motivation essay for masters program

Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to apply for the MSc. in International Business, Entrepreneurship and SME Management program at your university for the fall term.

I come from the capital city of Slovakia, Bratislava. My father has German heritage and exposed me to German at a very young age. I think becoming bilingual in childhood made me interested in languages. In school, I became conversant with Spanish and English, and I was particularly interested in becoming fluent in English due its importance (and obvious necessity) in the international arena. My father is an entrepreneur, and I think this motivated me to pursue a career in business.

It has always been my dream to study abroad. However, due to family issues, I was not able to leave home and study where I wanted. After graduating from high school, I applied to many universities in Slovakia and chose the highest-ranked one renowned for its business programs. I enrolled in the International Management program at Comenius University which is taught in English. Last year, I completed my bachelor's degree in International Management at Comenius University.

I worked as an executive assistant for a scrap-metal trading company while studying at Comenius, as that job allowed me just enough time to study. I acquired useful skills in business administration, and I also had the valuable opportunity to put into practice the knowledge I learned at the university. As an executive assistant, I was essentially applying and improving my management skills by supervising 1-2 employees. That job also involved traveling to the Czech Republic, Austria, Hungary and other close neighbors of Slovakia for business trips which gave me valuable international business experience. I also have experience working with SMEs as well as large international companies like US Steel.

While deciding my course of study for university, I deeply considered becoming an engineer. During my mid-teens, I became increasingly interested in physics, programming and engineering. My thinking at the time was to study business at university and to teach myself those other subjects. I would say that physics was most helpful for my work and studying. I found that a lot of principles and forms of thinking in physics could be harnessed in business. For example, working from first principles is something I always follow when facing tough and complex problems. I am now more focused on programming as it is a useful tool for planning out a new business.

A very obvious reason why Maastricht University is the right choice for me is its cultural diversity. UM is truly internationally oriented, making it the perfect place to start an international business career. I would thrive among other international students because it would be a great opportunity to broaden my horizons and get to know people from various cultural backgrounds. This I see as a clear advantage in pursuing my career goal of becoming an entrepreneur. Another important reason for me to apply for UM is its high standard of education. UM is highly ranked which reflects the excellent abilities of its professors, academic staff as well as students. In addition, the broad range of prestigious partner universities and student networks can offer me more possibilities for better education. The reason why I chose the International Business, Entrepreneurship and SME Management program is that it allows me to take courses in strategy, organization, marketing, finance and accounting- all highly important when starting a business. What I expect of this program is to improve my managerial skills and help me in starting my own business in the future. Thus, I firmly believe that UM is the best choice for me.

Thank you for considering my application and I look forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely,

My name.

Status
Not open for further replies.