English Teacher
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
Hello, everybody :)

I am going to have the interview this week. I need to know a general idea about the questions and any advice that would help me. They didn't mention any book or reference of what I have to prepare.
Thank you

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Could you give a clear concise answer to questions about why you want to teach English, what qualities you think you would bring to a class and why you want to take the course? It's an interview to see if you are suitable for the course. They will want to check your level and see that you are interested and genuinely want to teach. You don't have to be the finished article- that's their job. They might ask you about examples from your learning of good and/or bad teachers/teaching.

custarddonut

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Great Britain
Current Location
Great Britain
I just had my interview for certTESOL as they don't offer CELTA in the location I want to study in.

It took just over an hour and but was informal. They asked me why I wanted to take the course. Then went through the pre-interview task asking me some questions about grammar. There was also a 20 minute written section where I had to answer a question in an essay style.

It was stressful but don't forget its a business they are running, so I think the interview is just to make sure that whoever they allow on the course will have a decent chance of passing.

I was given some information about how much is involved in the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.