[Essay] People today spend too much time on personal enjoyment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFZQ

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
:oops:
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
People today spend too much time on personal enjoyment-doing things they like to do-rather than doing things they should do.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

The most important questions about people are the most simple ones. Do people spend more time on personal enjoyment, and if so, why? In my point of view, it’s not possible to absolutely answer yes or no to this question. It would depend on individual personalities as well as the situations we are in. In the following, I will try to explain my idea with some reasons.
Recent technological advancements have changed the way people live. This kind of development has relatively made life easier rather than the past time. Individuals have more time and entertainment facilities to enjoy their life and do things they like to do. Accordingly, some people may argue that we spend too much time on enjoyment things.
On the other hand, as far as I’m concerned, it’s the situation which usually imposes to people that how they should behave and what they should do. Let’s take an example. Suppose a student in the college. He/She must take a lot of courses which he/she probably doesn’t like some of them and should spend too much time to gain different skills and experiences. However, he/she has to pass this kind of courses, which are boring, to be graduated. Of course, with respect to the personality, this student may see these courses as an opportunity and enjoy them. Indeed, people, by considering their personality and position, have to do some works that they really don’t like them, but these kinds of work are essential to achievement.
To conclude, let me recap the main fact of my essay. The thought that people spend more time on the things they like to do, without considering the personalities and situations is an example of fuzzy thinking. Obviously, not every issue related to the topic, which mentioned above, has been discussed. What I leave for further investigation is that how to make a balance between things that we like to do and we should do.

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
This appears to be homework. We do not help students with homework here.

Status
Not open for further replies.