Student or Learner
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
Hi everybody,
I'm a novice lawyer practicing law in Thailand, my work has to engage with several English language usage including writing, conversation with foreign client whether face-to-face, e-mail or telephone, therefore, I need a bit improvement in my English skills and hope that I could find help in here. :-D:-D:-D

Here under is the first paragraph cut from my article:

" This introduction is mostly based on the experience in legal practice with ‘B’ non-immigration visa for an employee in business section and ‘O’, Non-Immigration visa for spouse and children of ‘B’ visa, as for Thai visa issuance, experience is the most important thing by the reason that there are many unwritten rules applying for specific visa and so few things we could find out from the regulation and law, to say; Immigration Act, B.E.2522 and the Declaration of Royal Thai Police, No.777/2551.
Reminding that different division of immigration office has different rules and the rule of immigration are constantly changed from time to time, hence, some of the advice of this introduction may not be valid with all division of immigration in which a certain division responds to different region or at the certain time in the future. This introduction is entirely based on the process with Chaeng Watthana, Immigration Division 1, the authority responsible for all foreign residents in Bangkok.
This guideline does not explain the whole list and detail of required documents because one can get the document list at the officer and our firm’s office, therefore, it will focus mainly on explaining unwritten rules and tips that need to be known...."

Ps. This article is not confidential and not under copy right protection, I did it for myself to conclude my experience.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Hi Pannakon, Sawadeekup

I'm a novice lawyer practicing law in Thailand. My work [STRIKE]has to engage with several English language usage including[/STRIKE] involves using the English language in writing and [STRIKE]conversation[/STRIKE] communication with foreign clients, whether face-to-face, through e-mail or telephone. Therefore, I need [STRIKE]a bit improvement in[/STRIKE] to improve on my English skills and hope that I could find help [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] here. :-D:-D:-D

What is the purpose of the article? Are you writing it for the Immigration department to provide information to foreigners applying for Thai visas? What is 'this introduction'? Introduction to what?

Last edited:

Pannakon

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
Hi Pannakon, Sawadeekup

I'm a novice lawyer practicing law in Thailand. My work [STRIKE]has to engage with several English language usage including[/STRIKE] involves using the English language in writing and [STRIKE]conversation[/STRIKE] communication with foreign clients, whether face-to-face, through e-mail or telephone. Therefore, I need [STRIKE]a bit improvement in[/STRIKE] to improve on my English skills and hope that I could find help [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] here. :-D:-D:-D

What is the purpose of the article? Are you writing it for the Immigration department to provide information to foreigners applying for Thai visas? What is 'this introduction'? Introduction to what?

thanks tedmc, my introduction intends to provide information and tips for the lawyer practicing visa application for foreigner including work permit as well.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
This introduction is mostly based on the (whose? the writer?) experience in legal practice dealing with (Type?) ‘B’, non-immigration visa for an employee in business section(what do you mean?) and (Type?)‘O’, Non-Immigration visa for spouse and children of Type ‘B’ visa, [STRIKE]as for Thai visa issuance[/STRIKE][STRIKE].[/STRIKE] issued by the Thai Immigration authority.

Is there a need to tell the readers about the writer's experience in providing the introduction/guidelines?

E
xperience is the most important thing by the reason that there are many unwritten rules applying for specific visa and so few things we could find out from the regulation and law, to say; Immigration Act, B.E.2522 and the Declaration of Royal Thai Police, No.777/2551.

It is important for the immigration lawyer/consultant to have prior experience dealing with visa applications because there are many unwritten rules applicable to visa applications which are not clearly stated in the Laws ( Immigration Act...)

Your one sentence-paragraph is too long for the reader to digest.
What do you mean by "visa for an employee in business section"? How many types of employees are there?

Reminding that different division of immigration office has different rules and the rule of immigration are constantly changed from time to time, hence, some of the advice of this introduction may not be valid with all division of immigration in which a certain division responds to different region or at the certain time in the future. This introduction is entirely based on the process with Chaeng Watthana, Immigration Division 1, the authority responsible for all foreign residents in Bangkok.

The different divisions of the Immigration Office follow different rules which keep changing from time to time, hence, the advice given here may not work at a different division, region or time. The guidelines here are based on the application process adopted at Chaeng Watthana, Immigration Division 1, the authority in charge of all foreign residents in Bangkok.

This guideline does not explain the whole list and detail of required documents because one can get the document list at the officer and our firm’s office, therefore, it will focus mainly on explaining unwritten rules and tips that need to be known...."

The guidelines do not provide the complete list of documents required for visa applications. The list can be obtained from the Immigration Office or our firm's office. They will mainly focus on the unwritten rules and tips that applicants should know.

Last edited:

Pannakon

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
Is there a need to tell the readers about the writer's experience in providing the introduction/guidelines?
as in the next sentence, I explain that there are many unwritten rule that're not clearly state in laws, therefore, my point is to try to induce reader to understand that the content of the introduction, even it could be classified as a legal advice, will not be based mainly on law.

What do you mean by "visa for an employee in business section"? How many types of employees are there?

As I could tell, 'B' type visa contains different types of employee, for example; investor, employee in government, teacher in education institution, etc.

Nonetheless, thanks for your help. Your edition is far-more better than me, I totally agree.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
as in the next sentence, I explain that there are many unwritten rule that're not clearly state in laws, therefore, my point is to try to induce reader to understand that the content of the introduction, even it could be classified as a legal advice, will not be based mainly on law.

OK, it is advice based on your practical experience as an Immigration lawyer, which is more important than knowing the laws in the Thai context as there are many things the laws do not cover or are inconsistently applied or interpreted.

As I could tell, 'B' type visa contains different types of employee, for example; investor, employee in government, teacher in education institution, etc.
OK, there are different types of visas for different categories of employees. But investors can hardly be classified as employees.

Nonetheless, thanks for your help. Your [STRIKE]edition [/STRIKE] version is far-[STRIKE]more[/STRIKE] better than me, I totally agree.
You are welcome.

Pannakon

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
:]
Is there anything I could help you if you're interested in travelling to Thailand, please do tell me.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
May I know how widely English is used in Thailand? At what age do children start to learn English in schools?
What about in the legal practice?

Last edited:

Pannakon

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
Not so widely and generally at the age of primary school (around 6 my thought)

In legal practice, also the same, not widely use but people in international law firms must have good English skill.

May I know how widely English is used in Thailand? At what age do children start to learn English in schools?
What about in the legal practice?

Status
Not open for further replies.