Hi to everyone
Please answer the following questions:
1. Kissinger used to be a consequential man in the field of international diplomacy.
a) shrewd b) tricky c) crafty d) important
2. The conduit got clogged.
a) trench b) ditch c) creek d) channel
3. His passion for the actress soon congealed.
a) boiled b) rose c) soared d) froze
4. Political commentators have explored the importance of a candidate’s charisma in these days of television campaigning.
a) caliber b) intelligence c) charm d) wit
5. Once he reaches a decision, he won’t budge.
a) make up his mind b) change his mind c) follow suit d) stay
6. He who brandishes the sword will perish by the sword.
a) flourishes b) sells c) breeds d) brews
7. A cowardly bully often blusters.
a) blunders b) intimidates c) fusses d) budges
8. A bland smile is always welcome.
a) pungent b) gentle c) brusque d) blank
9. All the children in the neighborhood will be the beneficiaries of the new playground.
a) benefactors b) profiteers c) receivers d) belles
10. You had better correct your arbitrary attitude.
a) legitimate b) despotic c) circumspect d) judicious
As I said:
This sounds like homework, Haseli. How about answering yourself first, and then we will check your answers?