1. B45

How is my grammar here: I've been house hunting for the past week and I realized tha

How is my grammar here:

I've been house hunting for the past week and I realized that for some strange reason the online photos always look 100x better... This place is definitely not worth the hefty price tag.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: How is my grammar here: I've been house hunting for the past week and I realized

"look 100 times better. This place ..." (My ellipsis indicates something left out. What is the purpose of yours?)
    You could consider the present perfect, "I've realized". Otherwise it's OK.

3. B45

Re: How is my grammar here: I've been house hunting for the past week and I realized

I guess the ... to me means why or being speechless for a few seconds or dumbfounded or not having a clue... What is it supposed to mean?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

You can look up 'ellipsis'. Yes, some people use it the way you have. It's wrong.
    The problem with it is that it's meaningless. In writing, you try to express what you mean. You write a sentence that you think means what you want to say, then you append a full stop. Then you write another sentence.

Now, I could have written, "The problem with it is that it's meaningless... In writing, you try to express what you mean......... You write a sentence that you think means what you want to say ....... then you append a full stop .... Then you write another sentence...."
    The dots are just confusing. If you want to say that you're dumbfounded, or don't have a clue, you can write that. " ... the online photos always look 100 times better. I have no idea why."
    Really, you'll only see this use of ellipses from poor writers on the net. You won't see it in proper literature or official writing, or in journalism, or in good colloquial writing.