Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
She is an Artist, and wants a brief passage for her art page. She sent me this, which I liked a lot! I got her permission to post her passage here, because I told her I would let others look at it, maybe they could help make it flow better, and correct any grammar, without changing the overall message or idea of it.

I attempted to make corrections, but I still don't think it flows well, and there might be grammar mistakes that I overlooked.

HER ORIGINAL PASSAGE:

One day, a friend asked if I can envisage a world without colours... any colour. A difficult task, bordering foolishness. But I like to do foolish things. So I picked up all colours and splashed them on a canvas and made humble effort to make the world colourful.

MY ATTEMPT:

One day, a friend asked if I could envisage a world without color... any color. A difficult task, bordering on foolishness. But I like to do foolish things. So I picked up all colors, splashed them on a canvas, and made a humble effort to make the world colorful.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I do not see how your "humble effort to make the world colourful" by splashing colours on a canvas is related to "envisaging a world without colours".

Status
Not open for further replies.