Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Quebec and Toronto are both in Canada but they don’t share the same experience when it’s time to explore for a new sensation. First of all, Quebec is smaller than Toronto and almost everyone speak only French while Toronto’s citizen speak only English. The cross-cultural in Toronto add value when it’s time to choose the next journey because we’ll new cultural environment. For me, I would like to travel Toronto before Quebec because we can do more activities and it's an interesting place to visit. Also, this is a bigger city and you will always find a new activity to do every day.

The architecture is more interesting in Quebec because we can’t see any skyscraper at all and we can this interesting historical background. The Frontenac caste is almost 400 years old and you can rent a room in it as well. However, this old building is the most important castle in Quebec and it’s open to the public. Also in Quebec, We have lots of beautiful island and white sandy beaches along our coast. It's a right destination for people who love snorkeling or scuba diving. When it’s time to relax and enjoy the summer Quebec is a great place to visit beautiful landscape. We have several of mountains along with a green mountain ranges and natural lifes. We can see a lot of skyscrapers in Toronto and it’s compact. I can compare it to New York because both are full of life and entertainment. We can always find something to do! I like these cities because the organization is straight forward and simple.

Also, If you recently graduated from university in Quebec. My best bet to find a job is Toronto again. My main reason is with a degree and you can learn quickly how to speak well English you will find your dream job. Perhaps on the short-term period you will earn less money but on the long-term this is a winning bet. Toronto is more expensive if we compare the rent cost to Quebec but the salary is higher. I don’t know yet if this city is really more expensive. Overall, Toronto is a more interesting city because you can speak English and French as well while Quebec is only in French.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Do you have a question for us?

Slinky

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I would like to know where I made mistake or I can improve my writing

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Do you have a question for us?

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Quebec and Toronto are both in Canada, but they don’t [STRIKE]share[/STRIKE] offer the same experience when [STRIKE]it’s time[/STRIKE] it comes to exploring famous Canadian cities. [STRIKE]for a new sensation.[/STRIKE] First of all, Quebec is smaller than Toronto, and almost everyone in Quebec speaks only French, while Toronto’s citizens mostly speak [STRIKE]only[/STRIKE] English. [STRIKE]The cross-cultural in Toronto add value when it’s time to choose the next journey because we’ll new cultural environment.[/STRIKE] In addition, Toronto's multi-culture is another factor to consider. For me, I [STRIKE]would like to travel[/STRIKE] prefer Toronto [STRIKE]before[/STRIKE] to Quebec because [STRIKE]we can do[/STRIKE] it has more activities, and it's an interesting place to visit. Also, [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] It is a bigger city, and you will always find [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] something new [STRIKE]activity to do[/STRIKE] there every day. [STRIKE]We can see[/STRIKE] Even though there are many [STRIKE]a lot of[/STRIKE] skyscrapers in Toronto, [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] it’s still compact enough. I can compare it to a smaller version of New York because both are full of life and entertainment. I like this city because it's well organized and easy to get around. [STRIKE]the organization is straight forward and simple.[/STRIKE]

On the other hand, the architecture is more interesting in Quebec. [STRIKE]because we can’t see any[/STRIKE] It has no skyscrapers at all, and [STRIKE]we can this interesting[/STRIKE] and many of its buildings have an interesting historical background. The Frontenac Castle is almost 400 years old, and you can rent a room in it as well. However, this old building is the most important castle in Quebec, and it’s open to the public. Also in Quebec, we have lots of beautiful islands and white sandy beaches along our coast. It's [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] the right destination for people who love snorkeling or scuba diving. When it’s time to relax and enjoy the summer, Quebec is a great place to visit for its beautiful landscape. We have several [STRIKE]of mountains along with a[/STRIKE] green mountain ranges and plenty of other natural wonders. [STRIKE]natural lifes.[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]Also, If you recently graduated from university in Quebec. My best bet to find a job is Toronto again. [/STRIKE]Nonetheless, Toronto is an easier place to find a job, even for Quebec graduates, who can easily learn to speak English there. [STRIKE]My main reason is with a degree and you can learn quickly how to speak well English you will find your dream job.[/STRIKE] Perhaps [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] in the short term [STRIKE]period[/STRIKE] you will earn less money, but [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] in the long term, [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] working in Toronto is a winning bet. Toronto is more expensive if we compare the rent cost to Quebec, but the salary is higher. [STRIKE]I don’t know yet if this city is really more expensive.[/STRIKE] Overall, Toronto is a more interesting city because both [STRIKE]you can speak[/STRIKE] English and French are spoken there, [STRIKE]as well while[/STRIKE] unlike Quebec [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] where [STRIKE]only in[/STRIKE] French is mostly used.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Slinky, you are comparing a province (Quebec) to a city (Toronto). That is what we Americans call comparing apples to oranges.
:)

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
There is a Quebec City too! :roll: