[Essay] What does the author mean by this sentence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

huda2015

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Jordan
Current Location
United States
Yo Yo Ma says, " as we struggle to find our individual voices, I believe we must look beyond the voice we've been assigned, and find our place among the tones and timbre of human expression'. what do you think he means by this ? explain you answer.

ythank you :)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Re: what the author means by this sentence ?

Yo-Yo Ma says, "As we struggle to find our individual voices, I believe we must look beyond the voice we've been assigned, and find our place among the tones and timbre of human expression". What do you think he means by this? Please explain your answer.

Thank you. :)

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Please see my corrections to your post above, marked in red. It is important to follow these rules of written English at all times:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single, appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.

Where did you find this quote by Yo-Yo Ma? Why do you need to understand it? What do you think it means? We expect you to try very hard to work it out yourself first.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Re: what the author means by this sentence ?

Please note my correction to your thread title in post #1, huda. That is the right way to ask your question.

In any case, please note that a better title would have been As we struggle to find our individual voices ...

Extract from the Posting Guidelines:

'Thread titles should include all or part of the word/phrase being discussed.'

'Explain your answer' sounds like the instruction to students in a text book or test question, not a polite request for help. We don't help with students' assignments unless their teachers have already given them feedback which they don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.