• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • New Zealand

Red face any teacher could help me analysis the structure and grammar of this sentence?

the sentence below is copied from a football article, although i can understand the main meaning, I still cannot make the structure clearly.......
    Plenty of the bigger names to feature in China’s Super League have moved on to pastures new without their sojourns to the east paying any significant professional dividends, as the lower calibre of the Chinese leagues fail to push those accustomed to tougher challenges to the limit of their abilities, allowing either a complacent attitude or disinterest to set in.

Thanks for the help from any kind people.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: any teacher could help me analysis the structure and grammar of this sentence?

Quote Originally Posted by moto19831022 View Post
    The sentence below is copied from a football article. Although I can understand the main meaning, I still cannot make out the structure clearly.

Plenty of the bigger names to feature in China’s Super League have moved on to pastures new without their sojourns to the east paying any significant professional dividends, as the lower calibre of the Chinese leagues fail to push those accustomed to tougher challenges to the limit of their abilities, allowing either a complacent attitude or disinterest to set in.

Thanks for the help from any kind people. Unnecessary. Thank us after we help you.
    Note my corrections above in red.

Your question is far too broad. What exactly are you trying to do and why are you doing it?
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.