[Application] university interview self introduction pls help me to correct my grammar

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggg1000

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Abkhazian
Home Country
American Samoa
Current Location
Algeria
My name is Johnny. To talk about my personalities, I’m a dependable and patient man. My interests are playing digital piano and doing volunteer works. Actually, My parents divorced when I was in secondary school. I was depressed and frustrated all days because of it. I not only lost my passion in studying, but also became a naughty boy in school. But luckily, my school social worker Miss Chong found my problem. She spared her valuable time to encourage me, listen my daily encounters and even introduce some friends who experienced the similar situation to talk with me. Thanks for Miss Chong, I could finally accept the reality and learn how to be positive. Although they cant actually solve the problem easily. They let me know that I was not alone. There are always a group of people who are willing to give a hand to me and listen to me. That’s my first impression to social workers, who bring hope to people who are in need. So I really appreciate social worker and want to be one of them. Therefore, to become social worker is always my dream. In the future, I hope I can be a good social worker like miss Chong to give hope to the poor and single families.

brestmoor

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
NOT A TEACHER

Some fragments I am pretty sure i would change, but I am not an expert :).

My parents divorced when I was in secondary school
-> My parents got divorced when I was in secondary school

listen my daily encounters
-> listen to my daily encounters

who experienced the similar
-> who experienced a similar

Thanks for Miss Chong
-> Thanks to Miss Chong

Although they cant actually solve the problem easily. They let me know that I was not alone
-> Although they couldn't actually solve the problem easily, They let me know that I was not alone

There are always a group of people who are willing
-> There is always a group of people who is willing

That’s my first impression to social workers
-> That’s my first impression of social workers

So I really appreciate social worker
-> So I really appreciate the job of a social worker (not so sure about this change, but something sounds wrong here, hehe)

Therefore, to become social worker is always my dream
-> Therefore, it has always been my dream to become a social worker

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
My name is Johnny. [STRIKE]To talk about my personalities,[/STRIKE] I’m a dependable and patient man. My interests are playing digital piano and doing voluntary work. Actually, My parents divorced when I was in secondary school. I was depressed and frustrated at the time [STRIKE]all days[/STRIKE] because of it. I not only lost my passion in studying, but also became a naughty boy in school. But luckily, my school social worker Miss Chong was there to help me. [STRIKE]found my problem.[/STRIKE] She spared her valuable time to encourage me, listen to my daily encounters and even introduced some friends who [STRIKE]experienced the[/STRIKE] were in a similar situation to talk with me. Thanks [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to Miss Chong, I could finally accept the reality and learn how to be positive. Although [STRIKE]they cant[/STRIKE] Miss Chong and my friends couldn't actually solve the problem easily, they let me know that I was not alone. [STRIKE]There are always a group of people who are[/STRIKE] They were always there, willing to give a helping hand to me and listen to me. That was my first impression of [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] social workers, [STRIKE]who[/STRIKE] bringing hope to people who are in need. So I have come to really appreciate the important role of the social worker, and now I want to be one too. [STRIKE]of them.[/STRIKE] Therefore, to become a social worker is [STRIKE]always[/STRIKE] my dream career and vocation. In the future, I hope I can be a good social worker, like Miss Chong, to give hope to the poor and help single families.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Brestmoor, there is nothing wrong with "My parents divorced". It means the same as "My parents got divorced".

Status
Not open for further replies.