[Grammar] Could you please check my text for mistakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

igor.wave

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello community,
There are some specific termins (ICT) in the text, i hope it is not a problem. I just want to know my weak points in English grammar.:oops:

"It would be great to have a script, running after each job and writing vSphere tags (v5.5 is used) with last backup time of each VM in the VBRJob.
I'm currently working on our "dynamic" backup system, so no VM or blue folders is backup targets, everything is backed up by vSphere tags. It is great! No need to work with backup server, only set of backup policies and PowerCLI console to manage it .
But it is also useful to have last backup time in vCenter... Could you give me some assistance with this? How to call current job properties running after job script, etc?

In this case tags are needed to give information of last backup to other responsible persons for which backup console is not accessible, right in vCenter.
For categorization purposes, of course, I use another categories and tags - one category for each VM's owner department (such as UNIX), and backup policy tags in this category (such as B1_1 which means backup every day before the midnight).

Get you, Notes field looks like a solution that I am looking for. Thank you!
In short, how to use this feature?"

Eckaslike

Member Type
Teacher (Other)
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Wales
Hello community,
There are some specific term[STRIKE]in[/STRIKE]s (ICT) in the text, i hope it is not a problem. I just want to know my weak points in English grammar.:oops:

"It would be great to have a script, running after each job and writing vSphere tags (v5.5 is used) with the last backup time of each VM in the VBRJob.
I'm currently working on our "dynamic" backup system, so no VM or blue folders [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] are backup targets, everything is backed up by vSphere tags. It is great! No need to work with the backup server, only a set of backup policies and the PowerCLI console to manage it .
But it is also useful to have the last backup time in vCenter... Could you give me some assistance with this? How to call the current job properties running after job script, etc?

In this case tags are needed to give information of the last backup to other responsible persons for which the backup console is not accessible, right in vCenter.
For categorization purposes, of course, I use [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE]other categories and tags - one category for each VM's owner department (such as UNIX), and backup policy tags in this category (such as B1_1 which means backup every day before [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] midnight).

Get you, Notes field looks like a solution that I am looking for. Thank you!
In short, how to use this feature?"

Welcome to the forum igor.wave,

As far as I understand this text, I have made what I think are relevant corrections in bold and strikethrough.

The two underlined sections are the ones which I can't fully understand:
1. It sounds like you want to run a script to call the properties of the current job. Is that the sort of thing you are saying there?
2. Are you looking to use a notes field as a solution to the problem, and enquiring from someone as to how to use it?

Most of what you have written seems fine and the only consistent omissions are the articles "a" and "the". I believe this very frequently occurs with students whose own language does not use them, or uses them differently. If you focus on exercises involving the use of "a / an" and "the" then I think getting those right will probably enable you to reap the greatest rewards using the least effort.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.