Student or Learner
- to torture someone for doing something
- to torment someone for doing something
- to persecute someone for doing something
I would like to ask if we can use them or not. For example:
- He tortured me for converting to Islam. (He tortured me because I converted to Islam.)
- He tormented me for converting to Islam.
- He persecuted me for converting to Islam.
I could not find any etries in dictionaries such as http://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/torment_2.
They are all possible in the right context. They are not interchangeable.