Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Great Britain
Current Location
Great Britain
Hi all,

I'm new here, and hope this is the right section for my discussion.

I have decided to take a certTESOL course. They offer an 'intensive' 1 month full time course but also a part-time course (I think designed for people who don't want to take time out of work since its Saturdays and 2 evenings). The part-time course is spread over 3 months.

I have the flexibility to do either but I'm inclined towards the part-time course. So that I have more time to study between sessions and hopefully the pressure is a little less.

Anyone done one of these courses and want to offer any advice? Which did you do and why?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
The problem I found with part-time courses was motivation- it was easy to let things slip as life and work got in the way. Maybe someone with better organisational skills wouldn't have this problem.

custarddonut

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Great Britain
Current Location
Great Britain
The problem I found with part-time courses was motivation- it was easy to let things slip as life and work got in the way. Maybe someone with better organisational skills wouldn't have this problem.

I can understand why they offer the full time course but it does seem to pack everything in very tightly. By the time I get back home (its 90 minute commute) I'd probably only have an 2 hours to do any additional work. Then also, I could do nothing else that month.

How much work did you do outside of the core taught hours?

Thanks for your reply, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.