• Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

Questions

Dear Teacher,
    I, as your colleague in Iran,would like to ask questions about what we say in Persian and its equivalents in English:
    1-There are some people who tell their friends some stories of a trip/military service when they are together.Suddenly one of people says you always say your momentos,you have been two days in trip but tell us a hundred years about it.
    2-Nobody says I am wrong.
    Thank you.
    Naser

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Naseria View Post
    Dear teachers,

I, as your colleague in Iran, (space after a comma) would like to ask some questions about what we say in Persian and its the English equivalents. in English:

1. There are some people who tell their friends some stories of a trip or of military service when they are together. (Space after a full stop.) Suddenly one of people says "You always say talk about your momentos memories. You have been only away for two days in trip but you tell us about it for a hundred years. about it.

2. Nobody says I am wrong. (I assume this is not meant to be part of the same paragraph/dialogue as number 1. If I am right, then your sentence is grammatically correct. Whether it means what you think it means is impossible to say.)

Thank you.
    Naser
    I don't speak Persian (and you haven't given the Persian version anyway) so I can't tell you whether these equivalents are accurate. However, I can make corrections/amendments to the English. I have done so above, in red.

Note that, although I have left your first sentence as it is, it is not really appropriate to describe yourself as my "colleague in Iran". Colleagues are usually people who physically work together.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

Re: Questions

Dear emsr2d2,
    Thank you for your corrections. Would you please send me some points to the following address to improve my writings and pay attention to the fine points? Incidentally, you have corrected my fault, but not told the correct form for "colleague" word. Thank you.
    Naser Haghighi
    Last edited by Rover_KE; 03-Aug-2015 at 17:57. Reason: Changing 'Rover_KE' to 'emsr2d2'.