Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Is the following right? For example, do I have to put "would" in front of "negatively?

Jackson et al.’s research hypothesis was that
higher levels of socio-cultural adjustment would 1) postiively correlate with self-esteem and psychological adjustment and 2) negatively correlate with anxiety/somatic symptoms.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England

eunkum

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Is the following right? For example, do I have to put "would" in front of "negatively"? Do I have to put "to" in front of "experience"? Thanks.

Jackson et al.’s research hypothesis was that higher levels of socio-cultural adjustment would positively correlate with self-esteem and psychological adjustment and would negatively correlate with anxiety/somatic symptoms.

However, the key recommendations from the most recent scholarly research are that foreigners living abroad are likely to have low self-esteem, high anxiety and somatic symtoms, and low life satisfaction/wellbeing and to experience low levels of sociocultural adaptation

Last edited:

eunkum

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Is the following right, then?

Jackson et al.’s research hypothesis was that
higher levels of socio-cultural adjustment would positively correlate with self-esteem and psychological adjustment and would negatively correlate with anxiety/somatic symptoms.

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Duly merged. Eunkum, please don't start two threads on the same topic using the same quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.