Is this letter witch request for autograph correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alohau

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
I wrote letter to Derren Brown with request for autograph. Is this correct? i will send it soon.

Dear Derren
My name is Marcin. I am 15 years old. I live in Poland. I am interested in music and animals.
I am also interested in mentalism, psychological illusion and hypnosis thanks to you.
I am reading your book "Tricks of the mind". I hsve watched your programs : The heist,
System,Russian roulette, Messiah and Fear and faith. They are very interesting.
I know that you are busy so I do not write more because I think I am one of many people,
but i have a request: Could you give me autograph on this photo?
Regards, Marcin
[h=1][/h]

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I wrote a letter to Derren Brown with a request for an autograph. Is this correct? I will send it soon.

Dear Derren,

My name is Marcin, and I am 15 years old. I live in Poland, and I am interested in music and animals.

I am also interested in mentalism, psychological illusion and hypnosis thanks to you.
I am reading your book "Tricks of the Mind". I have watched your programs-- The Heist,
System, Russian Roulette, Messiah and Fear and Faith. They are very interesting.

I know that you are busy, so I do not write more because I think I am one of many people,
but I have a request: Could you [STRIKE]give me[/STRIKE] please autograph [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] this photo for me?

Regards,

Marcin

Alohau

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Is this version correct too?
Dear Derren,

My name is Marcin, and I am 15 years old. I live in Poland, and I am interested in music and animals.

I am reading your book "Tricks of the Mind". I have watched your programs-- The Heist,
System, Russian Roulette, Messiah and Fear and Faith. These programs are very interesting.

I know that you are busy, so I do not write more because I think I am one of many people who do this ,
but I have a request: Could you , please autograph on this photo for me?

Regards,

Marcin

thminh88

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
I am not a native speaker, but here is my best shot.
Anyone thinks that my correction isn't correct, please give me your criticism. Thank you.

"My name is Marcin, and I am 15 year old. I live in Poland, and I am interested in music and animals.

I am reading your book "Tricks of the Mind". I have watched your programs: The Heist,
System, Russian Roulette, Messiah and Fear and Faith. These programs are very interesting.

I know that you are busy, so I will stop my letter here.
But could you please autograph on this photo for me? I really appreciate that.

Regards,

Marcin"

I remove the part " I think I am one of many people who do this". I think it will confuse the reader because he would ask "do what". You can ask for his autograph directly (as you already did in your next sentence).

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

Alohau

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Which version is correct? :
I know that you are busy, so I will stop my letter here.
or

I know that you are busy, so I stop my letter here.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
The first one.

Status