Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello,
I am applying for Toefl but my writting skills are not good, I tried to write an essay and I would appreciate if you could correct it.
Thanks for your help.

1)Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People are never satisfied with what they have; they always want something more or something different. Use specific reasons to support your answer.

These whole world is built on very strong marketing, industrial and commercial companies transformed the world to big market. Every day we have a new product, advertising are everywhere. You receive them as mails, as texts, on TV, on packaging.Therefore people are now hard to be satisfied, whatever they have they want more or better product.
If you buy today an electronic product , the same company will release new version of the same product with more options after 4 months, so people want to get the new one because the one that they have will appear old with less options.
but is that the fault of the diversity of products or it is human nature. Some researcher believe it is due to our gene. we are always fascinated by what is new, what we don't have. and this is the base of our civilization. if human before millions year accepted and were satisfied by what they had that time, we would had never had all these technology and variety of product.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Good luck with your application but the people who make the decision as to whether you get on the course or not want to see your writing, not ours.

cahmere1987

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Good luck with your application but the people who make the decision as to whether you get on the course or not want to see your writing, not ours.
thank you for your reply

It's an exam, I am trying to improve my writing skills, therefore i am trying to know what other think about my essay so I can improve.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you for your reply.

It's an exam. I am trying to improve my writing skills. Therefore I am trying to [STRIKE]know[/STRIKE] find out what others think about my essay so I can improve.

See my corrections above.

Will you use this essay in your exam?

cahmere1987

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
See my corrections above.

Will you use this essay in your exam?
Thank you emsre2d2 for your corrections
no I will not use this for my exam have you ever heard about TOEFL EXAM ??

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
These whole world is built on very strong marketing, industrial and commercial companies transformed the world to big market. Every day we have a new product, advertising are everywhere. You receive them as mails, as texts, on TV, on packaging.Therefore people are now hard to be satisfied, whatever they have they want more or better product.
\
If you buy today an electronic product , the same company will release new version of the same product with more options after 4 months, so people want to get the new one because the one that they have will appear old with less options.

but is that the fault of the diversity of products or it is human nature. Some researcher believe it is due to our gene. we are always fascinated by what is new, what we don't have. and this is the base of our civilization. if human before millions year accepted and were satisfied by what they had that time, we would had never had all these technology and variety of product.

The whole world has witnessed strong marketing, industrial and commercial companies transforming the world into a big market for products. Every day, we see new products coming into the market and advertising is everywhere.
You receive them as mails and texts and you see them on TV and on packaging. People have become sophisticated and want better products.

Electronic products undergo frequently changes and updates in keeping with changing trends. New models of products, updated and improved with new features, are introduced into the market within a matter of months.

Is the phenomenon due to the diversity of products available or is it innate human nature? Some researchers believe that this tendency is inherent in our genes that make us crave for what is new, since the dawn of mankind. If man had been satisfied with what they have, the strong craving for new products and a better quality of life would not have come about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.