[Application] Help me with this sentence in English for my Statement of Purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokyslash

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Telugu
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
First of all, I am not a native english speaker and am new to this forum, so please redirect me to the correct page if I have posted this in the wrong place.

I am trying to write my Statement of Purpose for my Grad School and this is the sentence that I want help with.

"Being born into an era of technological revolution and electronic ___________ I was extremely fascinated by the electronic appliances right from my childhood."

So what should I fill in that blank? Something along the lines of revolution/industry. and also is this sentence right? I mean should there be a "the" before electronic appliances or not?

Thanks. :D

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
First of all, I am not a native English speaker, and I am new to this forum, so please redirect me to the correct page if I have posted this in the wrong place.

I am trying to write my Statement of Purpose for my Grad School and this is the sentence that I want help with.

"Being born into an era of technological revolution and electronic ___________ I was extremely fascinated by the electronic appliances right from my childhood."

So what should I fill in that blank? Something along the lines of revolution/industry. [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] Also, is this sentence right? I mean should there be a "the" before "electronic appliances" or not?

Thanks.

Try this:
Growing up in an era of technological and electronic revolution, I've always been truly fascinated with electronic gadgets.

Status
Not open for further replies.