Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
A bit of help with this would be great am stuck with the meaning of it.

A Fitter may not submit a " long term" not avlibile to work Sunday request, these must be submitted 4- weekly as a contractual commitment remains.

Does this mean you must give 4 weeks notice to take a Sunday off or you can apply every week to take 4 Sunday's off in advance?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
A bit of help with this would be great. I am stuck with the meaning of it.

A Fitter may not submit a "long term" not [STRIKE]avlibile[/STRIKE] available to work Sunday request. These must be submitted 4-weekly as a contractual commitment remains.

Does this mean you must give 4 weeks notice to take a Sunday off or you can apply every week to take 4 [STRIKE]Sunday's[/STRIKE] Sundays off in advance?

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Note my amendments above.

I would take it to mean that every four weeks, the fitter has to say which Sundays he/she is available to work for the next four weeks. He/she is not allowed to say, for example, "I want to take the third Sunday of every month off for the rest of the year" or even "I don't want to work Sundays from now on". All he/she can do is say "I don't want to work the next four Sundays". If that situation continues, he/she has to give the same request four weeks later and then again four weeks after that, and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.