[Essay] The older generations tend to have very traditional ideas about how people should liv

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahad_a11

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Please Evaluate IELTS Essay and point out erros.

The older generations tend to have very traditional ideas about how people should live, think and behave. However, some people believe that these ideas are not helpful in preparing younger generations for modern life.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this view?

Nowadays, life has been changed dramatically due to technological developments. Many orthodox ways of spending lives have become obsolete and outdated. Some people are still stick to their traditions and cultures and are very reluctant to accept new and modern ways of lives. However, some people state that in order to compete with the current challenges, we should train our younger generation with the latest and trendy ideas.

Firstly, people like to live in joint family system for the rest of their life. This gives them opportunity to learn from their ancestor about various aspect of life. There is always a special place for elder, younger like to obey and respect them and followed their instructions. Such kind of love and respect is hard to see in modern life style. Adults become more independent, showing less respect towards their parents decisions and other aspect of life.

Secondly, there has been an element of care for their family and other members of the society in the past. Now, everyone first think about their own benefit and less likely to care about others. By this I mean that new ideas contribute in making our generation selfish and egoist.

Thirdly, there is a significant change in people behavior in modern world; they have less patience while doing any work. They have become lazier and more opted towards shortcuts and less mean of work.

Finally, I strongly believe that traditional ways for preparing younger generation is idle and have many in-deniable benefits than modern ways of handling youngster.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
This is not well written.
You need to state your position (agree/disagree) clearly at the end of the introduction, and you must develop your body paragraphs beyond what you've done! If necessary, write just two body paragraphs instead of three. Finally, your conclusion should summarize your main findings.

fahad_a11

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
I have given my position in the conclusion. But i will give in introduction as you stated.

What's the problem with body paragraph?

Actually when i try to write, nothing comes in my mind, as i am new. I dont know how to overcome this problem.

Please give me your useful suggestions.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Being new to writing isn't the main issue. The problem is with thinking consistently. Again, as with your last essay, I can't tell whether you agree or not with the proposition.
Without worrying about writing an essay, do you believe that traditional ideas are, or are not, helpful in preparing the younger generation for modern life?

fahad_a11

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
You are write, i am unable to think consistently. But i am trying hard to improve my writing skills. :(

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Yes, but I was hoping you'd answer my question just for practice in thinking and getting your ideas together. A one sentence answer given here might help you to recognise the procedure you need to adopt. You could also give one or two reasons for why you think that way, if you like.

Do you believe that traditional ideas are, or are not, helpful in preparing the younger generation for modern life?

fahad_a11

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
I belive that traditional ideas are helpful in preparing younger generation for modern life because it teaches Care, Love , Respect, Family Values , Traditions and cultures

Nowadays, People are selfish, self-centered, egoist

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Good, then that should be the basis of your essay. (You don't need to capitalise all those words).

fahad_a11

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
okay one question, I already talked about these points in the body of essay.

Shall i also include these points in Introduction?

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
That depends on what else you have to say. But in your original essay, your opinion was lost by not keeping on track. In the introduction it's important simply to state whether you do or don't agree with the proposition. In the body, you explain why.

fahad_a11

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Right i will state my opinion in introduction and rest I will try to explain in body paragraphs. :)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Right, I will state my opinion in ​the introduction and [STRIKE]rest[/STRIKE] I will try to explain the rest in the body paragraphs. [STRIKE]:)[/STRIKE]

See above.

fahad_a11

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
I am learning gradually and hoping that I will overcome my problems soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.