[Essay] "Parents are the best teachers. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this sta

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahad_a11

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
"Parents are the best teachers. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this sta

Please evaluate IELTS essay and point out mistakes.

"Parents are the best teachers. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?"

There is no doubt that parents are the best mentor in the world. They know about the characterstics of their children and can focused more on their weaker points. Some people argue that parent’s friendly attitude could play a vital role in the children learning. However, other state that they not equipped with modern way of teaching. I also believe that an atmosphere of competition and team work can only be provided by schools under the trained teachers.

Firstly, the concept of teaching dramatically changed over the period of time. Now children are taught to become smart learner than hard learner. For this teachers have been placed in the schools that are well trained. Furthermore, they are un-biased with all students. By this I mean that there is no favoritism in the class. This provides equal opportunity to learn and perform. This is hard to achieve at home, because parents can be biased.

Secondly, it is very important for children to learn how to perform in a team. This could be achieved only in class under their supervisor. Studying in their peer group will help to boost up their confidence. In addition to this, there is always an atmosphere of competition while learning in a group. This will enable them to work intelligently and with more paces.

However, parents friendly and relaxing attitude is a key to children learn by their heart, they can ask questions more freely and can have answers in a friendly conversation.

Finally, I believe that children learn both from their parents and teachers. But in modern world teachers are supposed to be the best option for them in learning.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Re: "Parents are the best teachers. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this

This is very badly written.
1- You must have a consistent position throughout the essay!
2- Your body paragraphs must support your position.
3- The start of your introduction (especially your opening sentence) has killed off the essay!
4- Your conclusion needs to restate your position and summarize the main findings.

fahad_a11

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Re: "Parents are the best teachers. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this

I give 2 opinions in the support and 1 against the topic. Please guide me is it not the way to do this??

Please tell what is the problem with the opening sentence???

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia

This is your first sentence: "There is no doubt that parents are the best mentor in the world."
This is your final sentence: "
But in modern world teachers are supposed to be the best option for them in learning."
How is the reader to know whether you agree with the proposition that "Parents are the best teachers"? It is apparent that you are not sure what you
believe about the topic. If that occurs in the real exam, you need to decide which side you are going to argue for and stick to it.

fahad_a11

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia

Now i got it, I should have to choose one side instead of playing with both sides.

Thank you so much. your comments are really helpful :)

Status
Not open for further replies.