Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

    • Join Date: Apr 2014
    • Posts: 837
    #1

    insulation?

    The insulation of the wall was designed very well for us to use.
    Is it correctly way to say?

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Apr 2009
    • Posts: 12,310
    #2

    Re: insulation?

    How are you "using" it?

  1. Skrej's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: May 2015
    • Posts: 2,397
    #3

    Re: insulation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Polyester View Post
    The insulation of the wall was designed very well for us to use.
    Is that the it correctly way to say it?
    Note the corrections to your question. You could also have asked "Is this sentence correct?"

  2. konungursvia's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

    • Join Date: Mar 2009
    • Posts: 5,158
    #4

    Re: insulation?

    I think the sentence is rubbish, personally. It's B.S., as though someone were paid by the word to say the insulation is good. The insulation is good. That's it, the only idea in the sentence.

  3. Skrej's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: May 2015
    • Posts: 2,397
    #5

    Re: insulation?

    I suspect the OP means it was easy to install, but we'll have to wait for Polyester to answer Dave's question.

    Some types of insulation are definitely much easier to install than other types.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

    • Join Date: Apr 2014
    • Posts: 837
    #6

    Re: insulation?

    Quote Originally Posted by konungursvia View Post
    I think the sentence is rubbish, personally. It's B.S., as though someone were paid by the word to say the insulation is good. The insulation is good. That's it, the only idea in the sentence.
    The sentence is self-made.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

    • Join Date: Apr 2014
    • Posts: 837
    #7

    Re: insulation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skrej View Post
    I suspect the OP means it was easy to install, but we'll have to wait for Polyester to answer Dave's question.

    Some types of insulation are definitely much easier to install than other types.
    "insulation" = the act of protecting sth with a material that prevents heat, sound, electricity, etc. from passing through; the materials used for this

    I found the dictionary out the information as above.
    Can you guide me to make a correct sentence?

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • China

    • Join Date: Aug 2011
    • Posts: 964
    #8

    Re: insulation?

    The wording of your sentence says that it is the insulation that is to be 'used'.

    I guess that you are trying to write some promotional material for a Chinese-made product you want to market to English speakers. We need to know more about your product. Is it insulation?

    I see that you know what insulation is, but we need to know what about this particular insulation makes it "designed well for us to use".

    1. Who is "us". The manufacturer of this insulation? A manufacturer of insulated wall panels? The contractor/installer? The end user/consumer?
    2. Was it the insulation that made the wall good?
    3. Did the design make the insulation easy to install? More effective? Cheaper?

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

    • Join Date: Apr 2014
    • Posts: 837
    #9

    Re: insulation?

    Quote Originally Posted by J&K Tutoring View Post
    The wording of your sentence says that it is the insulation that is to be 'used'.

    I guess that you are trying to write some promotional material for a Chinese-made product you want to market to English speakers. We need to know more about your product. Is it insulation?

    I see that you know what insulation is, but we need to know what about this particular insulation makes it "designed well for us to use".

    1. Who is "us". The manufacturer of this insulation? A manufacturer of insulated wall panels? The contractor/installer? The end user/consumer?
    2. Was it the insulation that made the wall good?
    3. Did the design make the insulation easy to install? More effective? Cheaper?
    Simply, I want to say that the wall is preventing the electrical power passing through.
    It's a stupid though, I knew.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • China

    • Join Date: Aug 2011
    • Posts: 964
    #10

    Re: insulation?

    So the product is insulated electrical wire, and the 'wall' is the wall of insulation on the wire?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •