Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Czech
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Tristram Shandy is a great work. You could also try Titus Groan if you haven't read it.

I read several reviews of Titus and the book looks very interesting to me. It seems to me the intriguing plot and the bizzare gothic setting could be right up my alley. Thanks for giving me the tip.

Johnyxxx

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Czech
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
You could also try The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkein. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lord_of_the_Rings

I love those books, especially the Lord of the Rings. They are the only books I have read, having chosen to read them, three times.

There is something magical and ancient about his writing, but captured in a reasonably modern style.

But, I would suggest reading them in the story's chronological order, starting with The Hobbit before moving on to the trilogy.

You will gain a different experience than can be obtained by watching the films. The books contain much more, in the case of The Lord of The Rings, and for The Hobbit a lot less, than the films.

My sibling is a big fan of Tolkien and has probably all the works Tolkien wrote. But I like classic horror/sci-fi stories more than fantasy literature.

Status
Not open for further replies.