[Essay] The sentence is too long - Is it appropriate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

megafunc

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Hello,

I am writing an essay about the newest technology in very far future. During my writing I did write an extraordinarily long sentence but I'm not sure whether or not it is appropriate in English. And here's the sentence :

...You may even need to consider saving the cat due to the lastest technology allowing you to personally save a cat in a 100m tall tree without much difficulty and the cat being severely wounded just in case the cat might be likely to fall in a very short moment later and you really wouldn't want regret your doings later if bad things like this happened to occur.

Putting the meaning aside, is there any problem with the sentence? Is it considered a bad writing style when writing English?

Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I give up reading your sentence after the second line. I do not understand why you have to put everything into one sentence without a pause. I have not heard of "virtual durability" and "virtual health". You upgrade your computer to make it more durable; I don't think "durability" can be upgraded.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I agree with Ted. This is nothing but goo!

megafunc

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
That's why I told you to put the meaning aside - It just sounds too too illogical how hard you just look at it

The answer is, I just happened to write one. It is not my style; it is just I happened to write one by coincidence - I repeat
If "meaning" is really not what we care for, then "grammar" is my next aim. I just want to hear some comments about it.

Btw, don't you wanna hear my essay? If so, it can't be helped =D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.