Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
"But if your brand is just you, is that uncomfortable?
Extremely. It’s even worse to market your style. It’s truly sad. And everyone on Facebook has the same sort of marketing ploy selling their image." (From The Guardian.)

Which is "worse" in the above context? Is it "your brand" or "to market your style"?

"What does that do to people?
"It’s extremely brutalising that you’re going to be for sale. It’s one of the worst things you can possibly imagine. Go to any party and you see that: I just don’t think you’re worth talking to. Someone else has a bigger plus sign over their heads. Capitalism is an absolute disaster for human relations." (From The Guardian.)

Does the "
I just don’t think you’re worth talking to" mean (in the above context) that the interviewee is somehow ignored, that others are reluctant to talk to her?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

tkacka15

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Please use a font size that we seniors can read, tkacka.

I'm trying to do that but somehow the editor script doesn't follow my instructions. I don't know what the exact reason is. Is it my tablet that is not responsive or is it my fat fingers?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
1 Marketing your style is worse.
2 People judge people and don't want to talk to them if they don't see that they will benefit from it.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'm trying to do that but somehow the editor script doesn't follow my instructions. I don't know what the exact reason is. Is it my tablet that is not responsive or is it my fat fingers?

I have edited post #1 so that it's in a readable font size. The problem might be that you are cutting and pasting. If that's the case, after you've done it, you need to highlight the entire text and change the font size to at least 3. If you're not cutting and pasting, simply ensure that the font size is at least 3. Ideally, make the font Arial as that is the one that just about everyone can access.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
A simpler way is to use the right-click and choose Paste as plain text- that removes source formatting and post the text in a standard forum font and size..

Status
Not open for further replies.